Haphazard writing questions for novel writers?

Silly questions going through my mind, as I read the questions on this board and think out my story: 1. How big was your story supposed to be, before you wrote the first draft. (Word count, page count, whatever, but do understand, I recognize the differences between the two answers. LOL) 2. How much bigger or... show more Silly questions going through my mind, as I read the questions on this board and think out my story:
1. How big was your story supposed to be, before you wrote the first draft. (Word count, page count, whatever, but do understand, I recognize the differences between the two answers. LOL)

2. How much bigger or smaller was it by the time you finished the first draft?

3. In the following drafts, were you aiming smaller or larger? Which way did it go from there?

4. How many drafts before it finally hit within the expected word count, or did you just give up trying?

5. Using the old-fashioned Catholic School grading standards (0-100, with anything below 65% is failure and "close to perfect"--aka A material--doesn't start until 93%) How good is your baby (your novel) right now? What grade are you honestly expecting it to reach when you're ready to try to get it published? (Decimal points are acceptable. Again, any answer is acceptable, but I know anyone who answers with a certain answer, probably has no idea how to publish a novel. ;) )

6. Which draft are you on now? Not what draft SHOULD you be on now or how many drafts should you do, what draft are you on now? If you can't answer, what draft were you on, before you lost count? LOL

7. I read this theory online about how writing a novel is like scaling Mt. Everest. Too long, but I learned a lot from it, and tend to believe it. According to the theory, getting the novel ready to send out for publication is the top of the mountain (but we still have to descend. Wish I could find it again to link it. LOL) Getting it written the first time, merely takes us to the first camp to acclimatize and there's a second camp, which is the point where the mistakes are fixed. The hard part is after that, and then it gets really hard.) If you agree, how high up are you in writing your novel? If you disagree, what's wrong with the idea?

And, because there always needs to be a BQ, here it is:
Using that same Catholic school grading system, give me two grades. The first is how emotionally sure you are that your novel WILL be the next Harry Potter, and then give me the logical score of how sure you are it won't be.

This is just for fun...possibly a good excuse to procrastinate with writing my next scene. I'm somewhere between second camp and the summit, but there are a lot of clouds up there and I lost track of time, so I have no idea how much further before I finish my novel. I can tell you I lost track for what draft I'm on somewhere after fifth draft. :D
Update: Wow, I did go back to my WIP, and didn’t expect this many answers. Thanks. Lynn, Now I’m embarrassed. That’s it. I think we’re on another site together. I found it on a post a long time ago. :@ Hippie, I’m all for procrastinating, as you can tell. LOL Steven, you give me hope. Maybe, some day, I can get closed... show more Wow, I did go back to my WIP, and didn’t expect this many answers. Thanks.

Lynn, Now I’m embarrassed. That’s it. I think we’re on another site together. I found it on a post a long time ago. :@

Hippie, I’m all for procrastinating, as you can tell. LOL

Steven, you give me hope. Maybe, some day, I can get closed to projected length the first time (second time, or third time would make me just as happy. LOL)

Chloe, my parents are the literary police. (Both authors.) They let me goof all more on the weekends than the week. I give you the same permission. ;)