Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 7 years ago

Better anti-virus: Norton or Kaspersky?

i bought new laptop (Dv6t-7200) & it has a 60 days free trail Norton Internet Security on it.

i need to know which one is better?

kaspersky Internet Security or Norton Internet Security? i already bought Single-User Kaspersky license but i don't know if i should remove my defualt Norton or not.

with logical reasons i can buy new License for Norton. i just need to know which one is beter so i can do that :)

thx

please help

my Question is about Internet Security (not Anti-Virus)

my Laptop has Windows 8-64 bit on it.I tried to install Microsoft Security Essentials (M.S.E.) from Microsoft.com, but it said we do not recommended you to install M.S.E. on Windows 8.

Best Answer

First of all, you should never use Internet security, use different components for antivirus, firewall and antimalware.

Norton SUCKS, together with McAfee and Microsoft Security Essentials they are the worst antivirus.

Kaspersky is much better.

Best free antivirus is Avast, second best is Avira.

Best pay antivirus is BitDefender, second best is ESET Nod32.

Best firewall is Zone Alarm.

Best for antimalware is MalwareBytes

Also use CCleaner for system clean up.

DO NOT use Internet Explorer (IE). Use either Firefox or Google Chrome.

Also use WOT (Web Of Trust) web browser addon for added security:

http://www.mywot.com/

Source(s): Linux Hacker, Windows fixer....

Norton Vs Kaspersky

Kaspersky Vs Norton

Ok, so I'm not here to favor anything. if you would look at this review: you can see that Bitdefender is 1st, 2nd: Kaspersky and Norton: 3rd. http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.co...

Ive tried kaspersky first in windows 7 then norton14 now in win8.1 (bec. kaspersky 2014 doesn't support 8.1 presently)

Kaspersky:

very clean and user friendly interface.

i would say :

interface: kaspersky>norton

protection: norton=kaspersky

web detection and ad/banner blocks = kaspersky>norton

in norton i think i have to use adblocker while in kasperky, you don't have to.

updates: kaspersky>norton. norton seems to update databases like every 5 minutes, kaspersky does in every 6 hours or so whenever a new update is available.

but i would say that for a torrent dependent user. whenever an update is commenced, Kaspersky has this strict security that it will detect that your key is invalid, or fake after a month or so. So keys are downloaded and changed in a monthly basis. You can't find Trial resetters that often.

|Norton on the other hand has trial resetters that lasts for half a year so updating isn't that much of a hassle.

Norton:

what's great about norton is it's included vault and toolbar on you browser which acts as a password manager... While in kaspersky you have to buy, a seperate password manager

if not for the vault, i will stick with kaspersky with that cleaner interface

Source(s): http://anti-virus-software-reyom/ and my own review
    • I got a hp 2000 notebook windows 8.1 with Norton all ready installed. I had a tech help install an hp Photosmart C3140 All in One Printer. I had some Malware from previous computers thru, Network. I got Windows Defender and it wouldn't let me have facebook or yahoo. So I got Norton. Its ok

2

Source(s): Industry Top Antivirus Software : http://MoveAntiVirus.com/?hYJd

Would be illogical to purchase norton when you already have kaspersky, they both work equally as well as each other. However, you should consider AVG free for your antivirus and zonealarm free for your firewall should you ever need them. Both are great programs.

Just a side note, don't have both norton and kaspersky running at the same time as they will conflict with each other and detect viruses in the other ones virus vault etc. and may lower your protection overall. Choose one and uninstall the other! Hope this helps

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Better anti-virus: Norton or Kaspersky?

i need to know which one is better?

kaspersky Internet Security or Norton Internet Security? i already bought Single-User Kaspersky license but i don't know if i should remove my defualt Norton or...

Source(s): anti virus norton kaspersky: https://biturl.im/9Zuov

Kaspersky is my favorite because its updates are very small and they do not consume too much of cpu speed.

Norton on the other hand has large sized updates and it takes along time to update and scan the computer

but on the other hand i would also recommend avast or avg or microsoft security essentials

Source(s): experience

kaspersky has a higher detection rate but more impact on system resources, whereas norton has a slightly lower detection rate but wont slow your computer down as much.

Ruovuh, how could you say that they are both not very good and then recommend mse? when the fact is that mse lost its certification in the last av test!

Both are good for their own reasons. But Norton AV is a system resource eater. Since you have the 60 days trial period. use it and after expiry install the kaspersky (since you have already bought it). Use a good firewall software for an extra layer of protection. That should fix your problem. visit the site for quality freeware and download the software.

http://www.tipsnfreeware.com/best-free-firewall-so...

Both antiviruses are ****. McAffe, Norton & Kaspersky are mainly to prevent basic viruses but what you need if your doing downloads is whats known as a Proxy. This is not as much an antivirus system as it's more of a "tool" for pirate/illegal/online downloads. If you need it for a more legitimate purpose, and it has to be one of those two, I would say Norton, but I personally have found many exploits in both.

Source(s): <.< >.>