Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 8 years ago

CA Bill of Sale for selling my car?

I'm planning on selling my car and I know I need a bill of sale. Where can I get a legit Bill of Sale that states i'm selling my car "AS IS"?

Thank you!

Update:

And am I allowed to make my own or use one found online? Or do I have to use the one they provide on the CA DMV website?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • roger
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

there is no official form from the dmv or anyone else for that matter I have written them on everything from part of a envelope to an envelope or a piece of scrap paper to the back of business card. As long as it has bill of sale across the top todays date your name what you are selling (brief description)

Vin or license plate number. the other persons name the sum of money for tax to the state sales tax and then both signatures and dated and signed "This is a simple document to write ] If you need a notarized signature also known as a notary public usually your local bank has one. My bank does not charge me a fee for this service each bank is different.

BILL OF SALE

DATE

i FRED FLINSTONE SOLD ONE 1955 ROCKMOBILE

IN AS IS CONDITION

TO BARNEY RUBBLE

FOR THE SUM OF 6 MILLION ROUND STONES

ON FEBUARY 4 1865

THIS VEHICLE IS IN AS IS CONDITION

NO IMPLIED WARRANTY.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.