Help me restore my faith...?

ive grown up in a catholic household, baptized at 4 months old. faith was never a big thing for me until a couple of years ago when i felt i needed to become closer to god. i started going to a baptist youth group about 2 and a half years ago where we talked about god and shared our stories. at the time i thought... show more ive grown up in a catholic household, baptized at 4 months old. faith was never a big thing for me until a couple of years ago when i felt i needed to become closer to god. i started going to a baptist youth group about 2 and a half years ago where we talked about god and shared our stories. at the time i thought my faith became stronger and stronger. i always felt god was on my side. id pray everyday. i enjoyed sharing my faith and beliefs with people. i bought a bible. i read it. i felt like nothing could stop me if god was with me. in the past month ive been going through so much crap. im just mentally and spiritually drained. one night, a little over 2 weeks ago i hit my breaking point, id never been so depressed and sad in my entire life. i basically just told myself im giving up on god, because if hes not getting me through this, whats he ever going to get me through? ive just been drifting further and further since. every time i talk about my faith i feel like im lying, i kind of am lying. i just want to hear gods voice. i hear so many people talking about how god has talked to them. its never happened to me, no matter how hard i pray. i went to a camp with my youth group last year and the "speakers" there wanted to teach everyone how to talk to god and the whole speaking in tongues thing. everyone who tried to have this experience, did. apart from me. id just sat there like, god? where are you. i did feel his presence, but was it just in my mind? i had about 5 or 6 people praying on me at the same time, as well as me praying. nothing happened. all i felt was frustration. why cant god speak to me? now i just feel like i cant be bothered praying or reading my bible or going to church or anything. im at the point where i need rescue. i cant deal with this. i just wanna quit work and school and go home for a year. put my life on hold. but is that just because im struggling with my faith so much? can anyone help me? this is killing me.
8 answers 8