Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I want to work for a law firm in the US , ideally New York, what is the process to get there?

I live in the UK but I could study abroad. I haven't taken A-levels yet. Do I need to study in the US to work there? I'm very confused as a lot of the information online is very misleading.

3 Answers

  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    You don't have to go to a US law school, but the process for a foreign degree to be recognized by state bar associations is rather involved. Some of the big-name schools like Oxford will probably be easier, but the standards for getting hired by big law firms will still apply - excellent school with excellent grades and law review experience or academic publications are required.

  • JOHN G
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    A law degree is only good for the country you wish to practice in , you would have to go to university in the US if you wish to work there and its very expensive , around £30,000 a year

  • 8 years ago

    You must pass the Bar exam in any state you wish to practice in.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.