I want to work for a law firm in the US , ideally New York, what is the process to get there?

I live in the UK but I could study abroad. I haven't taken A-levels yet. Do I need to study in the US to work there? I'm very confused as a lot of the information online is very misleading.

Favorite Answer

You don't have to go to a US law school, but the process for a foreign degree to be recognized by state bar associations is rather involved. Some of the big-name schools like Oxford will probably be easier, but the standards for getting hired by big law firms will still apply - excellent school with excellent grades and law review experience or academic publications are required.

• JOHN G

A law degree is only good for the country you wish to practice in , you would have to go to university in the US if you wish to work there and its very expensive , around £30,000 a year

You must pass the Bar exam in any state you wish to practice in.