Can anybody tell me what i need to upgrade in my hp p6155d desktop in order to play high graphics game..?

plz add the price also if possible.

thank you

Best Answer

Pretty much everything is slow except the CPU.

The CPU is a good enough speed to play newer games on lowish settings, but the problem is the Core 2 Quads only support DDR2 memory, so unless you want to pay a ton of money for that slow RAM, you'd need to get a new motherboard, CPU and RAM. Then you'd need a better graphics card, and power supply.

My recommendation is wait until you have enough money to replace everything, because if you just get the graphics card and power supply now, the CPU will hold you back a bit and only having 2GB of RAM will hold you back a lot.

So if you get a graphics card now, it won't be performing anywhere near its full performance until you upgrade the CPU, mobo and RAM anyways. So my suggestion is upgrade those 3 first (I recommend FX-4300, MSI 970-A mobo, and 4GB of DDR3-1600 RAM.

You will already notice improvements to system performance, not just gaming, from those. Then when you have enough money, upgrade the video card and power supply (good budget video cards are GTX 650 or HD 7770, and you'd want probably a 500W or better power supply).

Computers are expensive :( But this upgrade I've listed ^ the whole thing, under $350 for the time being thanks to discounts and exponentially better than what you have, and will be decent for another couple years before needing a video card upgrade. You can even bump up the RAM to 8GB for like $20 more.

This is a budget one, it won't play everything at max settings but from the sound of it you don't want to pay top dollar, so this is a really good option for someone on a tight budget. If you want a higher performing one and can afford more, then there's a lot more you can do with even just $100-200 more.

SSD would not do away with game lag. You lag in the journey that your workstation sucks. SSD purely decreases load time. that's no longer needed except you have the money. The RAM is sturdy, no ought to alter it. in case you rather need to enhance the RAM, then enhance it to 16GB AFTER upgrading the different aspects. First get a a extra proper GPU. NVIDIA GTX 680 or 690(get the latest of you may handle to pay for). in case you like AMD, then get certainly one of their modern(for sure :P). The GPU is the main serious section in a gaming workstation Then get a extra proper processor. a third gen i5 or i7. yet till now doing this you need to appreciate how lots wattage your ability grant aspects(that's written on the PSU). If the quantity required with the help of the GPU is larger than your PSU(ability grant unit) wattage, then get a PSU with an better wattage. NVIDIA GPUs are much less ability eating so i could get that instead of AMD if I have been you. in the journey that your cost ticket is 4 hundred for each, then supply the 4 hundred for RAM to GPU and get between the latest NVIDIA.

It depends on what year the game was made. The current games use the latest graphics card.

Mine is an old a quardo fx 3450. But it plays games up to the last three years worth. I got mine on ebay for $15. Also check that you motherboard has PCI-Express x16.

I looked it up you have one. So any graphics card with express 16 pci. Ebay search express 16 pci and sort low to high prices.

But remember your still stuck with older games so check your games for directx version and OpenGL version minimums.

Your going to need to upgrade your video card(GPU), power supply and RAM. Such as these.

GPU: XFX Double D FX-787A-CDFC Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 $230

P/S: Rosewill Stallion Series RD700 700Watt $60

RAM: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBNT $48

All these items are available on newegg.com

• DrDave

You'll need a new pci-e graphics card and most likely a higher wattage power supply. Throw in some more ram if you still only have the 2 gigs it comes with. If a 32 bit system, you can't install any more than 4 gigs total.