gary asked in Yahoo ProductsMy Yahoo · 7 years ago

go back to old yahoo homepage?

Favorite Answer

It is not possible to switch back to previous/older versions of the Yahoo! Homepage. A section or news item subject can be removed by hovering over it and clicking on the X. The links at the left of the page will learn what Yahoo sites you visit and add them.

While we recognize that there are some differences in functionality in the new version of the Yahoo! Homepage, every change was made with the intent to improve the Yahoo! Homepage for all users.

We appreciate and regularly review feedback in our attempt to improve Yahoo! products. Please let us know if you have any comments (positive or negative) so that we can continue to improve Yahoo! for all of our users.

--

(Reuters) - Yahoo Inc is overhauling its website to incorporate features familiar to Facebook users such as a newsfeed and people's "likes," in CEO Marissa Mayer's biggest product revamp since taking the helm of the ailing company last year.

Mayer, who took over in July after a procession of CEOs was shown the door, said in a blog post on Wednesday that Yahoo's redesigned website will let users log in with their Facebook IDs to gain access to content and information shared by friends - from articles and videos to birthdays.

Yahoo is one of the world's most-visited online properties, but revenue has declined in recent years amid competition from Google Inc and Facebook Inc.

The changes to Yahoo's Internet shop window, which include a more streamlined mobile application for smartphones and tablets, will be rolled out over coming days. The makeover follows a new version of Yahoo mail, one of its most popular applications, introduced in December.

Analysts say the move marks a strengthening of Yahoo's ties with Facebook, employing some of the social network's growing data on its billion-plus users to battle Google for Web users' attention. It remains to be seen whether the initial makeover and tweaks expected over time will win back its Internet audience.

"This is definitely an important step. The Yahoo home page is one of the most important things because it is the first interface," said B. Riley Caris analyst Sameet Sinha. "It's familiar in terms of layout, the newsfeed is interesting, and it will be interesting to see how it develops over time.

"The key will be how data is aggregated within Yahoo and Facebook."

----

Yahoo! first began as Jerry and Dave’s Guide to the World Wide Web, a directory of links created to help organize the Internet during its very early days. That simple directory evolved through the years into the Yahoo! we know today -- a starting point for your daily habits. Whether checking the latest news, sports scores, or just searching, Yahoo! has always been about bringing you the very best of the web. And, today, we’re introducing a new, more modern experience to do just that.

Designed to be more intuitive and personal, the new Yahoo! experience is all about your interests and preferences. Since streams of information have become the paradigm of choice on the web, we’re introducing a newsfeed with infinite scroll, letting you experience a virtually endless feed of news articles. Whether you are a sports fanatic or entertainment buff, you can easily customize your newsfeed to your interests. And, to make Yahoo! even more social, you can log in with your Yahoo! or Facebook ID to get articles from thousands of news sources as well as those shared by your friends.

Because you come to Yahoo! everyday for must-know information, we’ve also introduced newly designed applications. From your local weather forecast to Facebook friends’ birthdays, you’ll always have the information you need. We’ve also refreshed some of what you love most -- including our Yahoo! editorial features, and the daily snapshot into popular trending web searches.

The new Yahoo! experience works well on the go -- we’ve optimized it for smartphones and tablets. And, thanks to some under-the-hood improvements, Yahoo! is also faster.

Over the next few days, our U.S. users will begin to see the new Yahoo! experience and we’re excited to see the response. Over the coming months, we’ll continue to make changes and improvements, so today is just the beginning.

ℬ ℋ

I discovered that in order for Yahoo to support tablet PC's it was necessary for them to put a new argument on the URL ... that addition is ?m=1 ... I believe many tablets out there just can't support some of the new homepage features, so they needed an opt-out from the new page ... so on your desktop PC simply type in my.yahoo dot com/?m=1 where the word dot is replaced with a period of course ... then save this as your bookmark link to your homepage .... this should work until they mess with the tablet people ... hope this helps ... it sure put a smile back on my face to see my 15 year old homepage restored .... :)

Yeah i cant find a way either, Guess i will start tring my firefox for my homepage. Kinda stinks but owell we had a good run with yahoo. Sorry to see it end. As far as them changing it back it will be to late with most by the time they change back we will all be used to the other sites. I think there is a song that goes with this. THAT WAS DAYYY YAAHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO DIED, And they were singing. Bye Bye ole Yahoo Pie, Drove my homepage to the levy But levy was dry.

"Yahoo Inc is overhauling its website to incorporate features familiar to Facebook users"

Ever consider for a moment that facebook is not famous or liked because of its interface but that people enjoy the networking and social media aspects of facebook? The interface is the only part that most of us dislike. Immensly. If your goal is to look like facebook, you are seriously on the wrong path.

Users and members aren unhappy with these changes and I'm sure yahoo believes we'll get over it because we always do. But they are wrong. The changes are horrendous. This is the ugliest web site I have ever seen. The functionality was not improved, but has been significantly downgraded. This "real time" format or whatever is is very ugly. IMDB and other such web sites never lost a user for lack of change (I prefer the static way that IMDB operates) and neither has amazon. You may want to take a page from those companies. changes are gradual and slow. Users don't have time to learn how to use a web site all over again.

Want to know what happens to popular web sites that change their interface in order to emulate facebook? They go the way of myspace.

I can't stand the new homepage. The weather app no longer remembers my location, my NFL scoreboard is completely different, I can't change the layout of Yahoo Top News, and the color schemes available are horrid. Why would you guys make it impossible for the end user to revert back to what they prefer?

Nobody may understand that you had been so certain that last race can win you straight back all the amount of money but you can just do this with the Zcodes System from here https://tr.im/qmN0K .  

Zcodes System will give you a activities betting strategy system. With Zcodes System you may obtain some extra money as you will have all of the activities betting techniques that perform in just one Zcodes System.

I answered yahoo offer of update and found myself on msn Plwease give me yahoo back

CA.MY.YAHOO.COM. I guess if your Canadian you get the good my.yahoo homepage! Gonna try that for awhile. Hope the don't switch Canada over too.

This is a disgusting layout, I will change my home page to another web browser. You can keep this ugly new site.

This new page is just way too busy. I can't stand looking at it.

Easy.

Switch it to

http://ca.my.yahoo.com/

Ken