Authors similar to Robert Jordan?

So, I've finished the wheel of Time series (finally), and I need to find some more authors to read. However, I am super busy with college and whatnot, so I'm very particular about what I'm going to invest my time in.

I absolutely hated Anne Mccaffery's (sp?) writing style, and was not fond of Brandon Sanderson's style in his contribution to the Wheel of Time, so don't bother suggesting them.

Over winter break, I went back and reread The Hobbit and Piers Anthony's first Xanth (sp?) novel. While both were enjoyable, I did find the writing to not exactly be to my taste anymore (I've read LOTR and an extensive amount of Anthony's novels in the past). I read Elizabeth Haydon's first three books of her Symphony of Ages series a few years ago. I quite enjoyed the first novel, although the second two were inferior to the first, imo, although her writing style was good overally.

I haven't read Martin's books yet. I need to get around to that. Any suggestions in the meantime?

Favorite Answer

Well, my first choice would be George R. R. Martin, who you already mentioned.

Roger Zelazney's Amber Chronicles were a good read.

Patrich Rothfus' Name of the Wind books were very enjoyable as well.

Terry Brooks' Shannara series is popular, not really my taste but a lot of people love them.

Ursala K LeGuin wrote Earth Sea which I enjoyed very much.

Hope this list helps.

• DongOk

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awxUR

You might want to look at: Raymond Feist, David Gemmell, David Eddings(already mentioned by one poster so he's getting double recognition and if you do read him start with the Belgariad) Robin Hobb's Farship and Assasin series are excellent, and Isaac Asimov. Happy reading

That is uncertain and there are in fact multiple potential answers to this question..

Can you provide more details?