Joshua asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 years ago

How to do 100 pushups?

I'm 16 and am on the wrestling team, on season we didn't lift at all. But now off season we lift 4 times a week, this is our 2nd week into off season. I'm currently training for the Navy SEALS BUD/s and I can only do 37 pushups in 1:27 which is pathetic. Will weightlifting bring up my pullups and pushups too?

Favorite Answer

If you're serious about increasing your strength, follow this six week training program and you'll soon be on your way to completing 100 consecutive push ups!

Think there's no way you could do this? I think you can! All you need is a good plan, plenty of discipline and about 30 minutes a week to achive this goal!

No doubt some of you can already do 50 consecutive push ups, but let's face it, you're in a big minority. Most of you reading this won't even be able to manage 20 pushups. Actually, I'm sure many of you can't even do 10.

However, it really doesn't matter which group you fall into. If you follow the progressive push ups training program, I'm positive you'll soon be able to do 100 push ups!

- See more at: http://www.hundredpushups.com/#sthash.Thj3Azbk.dpu...

Yes. Weightlifting will make you stronger, which will make pushups and pullups easier. The easier they are, the more you can do. When you do 100 pushups though you will be using your muscles for endurance and not strength. Some advice for that is when you are lifting weights off season, don't forget to have some weeks with a lot of reps and some weeks with only a few reps. This will help keep your muscles shocked so they will continue to develop at a fast rate. If you did the same exercise over and over the same way each time your muscles will adapt to that specific movement and it will get much easier, the problem is that you will not be getting stronger. To bulk up and get stronger you need to tear down your muscles and rebuild them, unfortunately our bodies are very intelligent and do not want to waste a bunch of energy rebuilding muscle if they can avoid it. That is why mixing up workouts is a great thing to do. If you keep lifting you will be able to do 100 pushups in a few weeks with no problem. Good luck to you.

Source(s): About 15 years of body building.

The best way is just to do push ups. Go up every 2 days by 2 pushups.