Major vs. Minor? Double Major?

Hi. I'm in High School, and I would like to major in Biomedical Engineering (Bachelors Degree). However, I would also like to focus my interest on Biochemistry. I am aware of double majoring, however, that would be very rigorous and challenging. My friend suggested that I can Major in Biomedical Engineering,... show more Hi. I'm in High School, and I would like to major in Biomedical Engineering (Bachelors Degree). However, I would also like to focus my interest on Biochemistry. I am aware of double majoring, however, that would be very rigorous and challenging. My friend suggested that I can Major in Biomedical Engineering, and simply get a Minor in Biochemistry. My ultimate goal is to go into Medical School and become a Doctor. Can someone please provide me with more information regarding this subject, including:

How rigorous would a BME/ BoiChem Major be?
How rigorous would a BME Major + BioChem Minor be?
How quickly can each of these options be achieved?
Would getting the additional degree in Biochemistry even be worth it, for Med School?
What steps are involved in Double Major/ Major + Minor?