Christians, what if you're wrong?

You ask atheists all the time "what if we're wrong?" So let me turn the tables on you. Everything you believe is in the Bible - a book you've never researched. You trust other Christians when they tell you it has been researched and proven to be true. Yet you never say "show me." ... show more You ask atheists all the time "what if we're wrong?" So let me turn the tables on you.

Everything you believe is in the Bible - a book you've never researched. You trust other Christians when they tell you it has been researched and proven to be true. Yet you never say "show me." Or you only look to teachers you know will agree with you.

So what if you're wrong? You say you're not. Ok, does it hurt to do your own research just to be sure? And what will you do if you discover the Bible isn't what you believed it was?

Are you strong enough to put your faith to the test, or will you hide behind blind faith and put your fingers in your ears?

What will you do if you're wrong?
Update: So you think the only other option is if I'm right and there's nothing? What a narrow view of possibilities. Also, to research something means to step outside of it and look at it objectively not to study the contents so you know it better. That's like watching Star Wars 50 times to see if it's a... show more So you think the only other option is if I'm right and there's nothing? What a narrow view of possibilities.

Also, to research something means to step outside of it and look at it objectively not to study the contents so you know it better. That's like watching Star Wars 50 times to see if it's a prophecy of the future.

Christianity is a good way to live? Christians have the same rate of divorce, child abuse, spousal abuse, mental illness, suicide, drug and alcohol abuse and financial problems as non-Christians. The percentage of Christians who are dogged by doubts about if they're really really saved is staggering. The truth comes out at night in the dark when they're alone and the masks come off.

I was a Christian (part of it in lay ministry) a long long time. I saw it all.