Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 7 years ago

Irs refund still processing!!! Help!!!?

I was one of the refunds that didn't start processing until the 14th because of education credits... My "wheres my refund" status changed Friday from showing the orange bar to just saying "your refund is still processing, a direct deposit date will be given when availiable". Anyone else having this problem or know anything about this? It will be a week tomorrow that they began "processing" my return. I filed I and it was accepted on the 22nd of January... Irritated!

• Bobbie
    Favorite Answer

IRS Statement on "Where's My Refund?" Tool Feb. 14, 2013

The IRS alerted taxpayers and the tax community it is experiencing high traffic on “Where's My Refund?” as more tax returns come in. The heavy volume of refund inquiries means that the IRS anticipates both "Where's My Refund?" on IRS.gov and the refund feature on the IRS2go phone app will have limited availability during busier periods.

Due to the large number of inquiries and to avoid service disruptions, the IRS strongly urges taxpayers to only check on their refunds once a day. IRS systems are only updated once a day, usually overnight, and the same information is available whether on the Internet, IRS2go smartphone app or on IRS toll-free lines. While "Where's My Refund?" is updated nightly, your account will not change that frequently.

The IRS is seeing a good start to the filing season, and tax refunds are being issued timely. Nine out of 10 taxpayers typically receive refunds in less than 21 days when they use e-file with direct deposit.

The IRS expects to see the number of tax returns — and related refund inquiries — steadily increase around the President's Day holiday week.

Here are some tips to help taxpayers with their refund questions:

*Have the right tax information ready before using any of the IRS refund tools. This includes Social Security number, filing status and refund amount.

*You don't need to check “Where's My Refund?” more than once a day as your information will not change.

*To avoid system delays, the best time to check on refunds is evening and weekends.

*There is no need to call the IRS about your refund; the telephone service has the same information that is available on “Where’s My Refund?”.

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 14-Feb-2013

Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful.

I filed and was accepted on 1/31/13. My status was still processing until 2/20/13 when the orange bar went away and I received the message "still processing a deposit date will be given available". I was finally able to order both my return and account transcripts on 2/22/13 which meant that my return was done processing. The next day i received a dd date if 2/27/13. Hopefully it goes through on that date. I have called the irs so many times since I filed my return and even called a TA to see what the heck was taking so long. I filed head of household with 1 dependent. I will wait until I get my federal return before I file an amended return for my education credit

I have not received a letter yet but...

I got the new screen on the WMR on 2/19 and got ahold of someone in accounts. They said the reason I am getting it is because my return is been delayed to check accuracy. Whatever that means and could take an additional 45-60 days to finish the process and my refund will be held until they are done. He didn't say they needed more info and if they did I would get a second letter requesting it. I file the same way every single year with the same deductions and credits every single year so no clue why they are stalling now. So I am assuming it is the IRS way of holding up our refunds even longer or a stall tactic because the 21 days is in 2 days and they do not have them done yet. This is absolutely rediculous.

I just figured I would share what info I got for the supposed reasoning behind the new screen because a lot of other people are getting the same screen now on the WMR website.

Ahh I'm panicking I filed my return on 01/24/2015 is almost going to be a week and status still appears as is processing. Like two years back it took like a month to receive my refund and when I called to get some answers they said that when I filed back on 2010 they gave more than they should have so they deducted from that year. I'm afraid that this year is going to happen again hopefully not I don't owe any taxes or anything last year I didn't have no problems but to me is an eternity. I guess I should try wait patiently. Hopefully I get good news tomorrow GOOD LUCK on me..

The IRS didn't start processing the Education credits until February 14th. I just got a Direct Deposit date today. for February 27th. The IRS didn't start processing the Education Credits til the 14th so it's 21 days from the 14th not the day you filed or got accepted. You will get a date soon. :)

Source(s): IRS

I filed on Jan 30 and was accepted on the 31st. WMR showed that my refund was processing up until three days ago when I got the "a deposit date will be given when available " message. I called and spoke with someone on the 19th day and was told that there was an error with my return and it was in a suspended status. The rep wasn't able to tell me what the error was, but was able to tell me that if they couldn't resolve it in house I would receive a letter in a few weeks and that after receiving the letter I would have to correct the error, send my return back to them by mail and wait another 4-6 weeks to receive my refund...... This didn't sound right to me so I called back on yesterday (day 21) and was told that there wasn't an error and that it takes longer than 21 days to process some returns and I just have to wait for it to be processed.

I think they're just telling us anything to get us off the phone.

yes, we are in the same boat. I had talked to a representative and the said it could take 21 days from the 14th. Then I heard 30 days so we are all sitting here waiting on the irs... The IRS knows they have us all by the horns and there is nothing we can do about it. We filed in January and it ws excepted on the 26th... Then we was told after that we could not get our taxes applied until the 14th due to education credits..I think we are all better be perpared for a long wait.

I also got the new IRS screen and called them. I am on my 21 day waiting list. The rep told me that they will be sending a letter within 2 weeks and then it will take an additional 30 days to process. I file the same every year with only a W2 and a dependent. Very disappointed this year.

I am going through the thing. I filed on the 30th accepted on the 31st. Still no change or DD date . I called the IRS yesterday and they said I was out of review and she even talked to the supervisor while I was on the phone and they assured me everything was ok and there were no holds, it was out of review and I should have my refund by Feb 26th. My 21st day is tomorrow and if I don't get it by Friday I will be calling them back. This is crazy....I also contacted the state and they said I owe them $48.00 so I told them when I get my federal I will pay my state....Good Luck.

Same here. I filed and was accepted the 24th with education credit. WMD changed from orange bar to "still processing". Really frustrating.