?
Lv 5

If God really did flood the Earth, then aren't we all descendants of Noah's family?

Bible story goes that the Earth was flooded, but Noah was forewarned, so he and his family were safely aboard the ark during said genocidal flood. Assuming the flood lasted long enough to kill off all the other humans, wouldn't that make all of us descendants of Noah's family? That means sooner or later inbreeding and same-family intermarrying would've taken place since there were no more people.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • englin
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

No. you do see the great absurdity of that i'm hoping? The bible is a e book of delusion and know mouth memories, some probably loosely according to a real journey. How can all human beings be descendants of Noah? All races? i presumed non secular human beings say that evolution doesn’t take place? So how did all persons grow to be distinctive if all of us have Noah as our ancestor? and you already know that it somewhat is not accessible for the ark to incorporate all species of existence perfect? there are literally hundreds of species…forget approximately relating to the bible, it somewhat is an particularly warped e book and is especially ineffective in right this moment’s international. peace and Love...

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

You are quite correct.

There is just one human race. We are all descended from Adam and Eve, and later from Noah and his wife. The differences between people groups arose after the dispersal at Babel. Different groups had slightly different genetic traits – for example for skin colour. The genetic differences between people groups are tiny – smaller than the differences within people groups.

http://creation.com/images/pdfs/cabook/chapter18.p...

• Robin
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

The answer is simple. From each of Noah's sons came the three divisions of called the "races". Anthropologists divide all the world's peoples into three races, Caucasian (white), Mongoloid (yellow) and ******* (black). Further within each of the sons was the potential to produce all the variations that is evident within the three races of man.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Yes there was imbreeding but I went to a christian school in my youth so this is the explanation they gave us.

During Adam and Eve's time on Earth the Earth was like a hyperbaric chamber (very few of these chambers exist, but basically you heal faster in these, you can run farther, etc.) so the earth was this huge hyperbaric chamber. You could run faster for longer, yada yada because the earth was brand new. That means that our genetic structure was perfect. So Adam and Eve's genetic structure was perfect, which meant hypothetically if they had a sister and brother, they could have sex with them and have children without any deformities. Then, when Adam and Eve lied to God about eating the fruit, sin came into the world and with that our genetic structure started to change and become imperfect. However, it didn't get to the way it is today just like that, it took time. So by the time it came to Noah's time, the Earth was still somewhat like a hyperbaric chamber so everyone was healthy, and our genetic structure was better, well better than it is today. So that's why they could have kids with their brothers/sisters and cousins, etc without the children being deformed.

Whether or not this argument is true, I'd have to do more research on. But I'm basically regurgitating what I was taught.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • FatGuy
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

"The Whole World" at the that time was really the area around the Mediterranean. Current thinking is Noah's Flood was simply the breaching of the natural dam. we know the area today as the Bosporus Strait

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

That would seem logical, if Noah and his family were the only ones to survive the Great Flood.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

no were descendants of Adam and Eve they were the first people of their gender so they had Cane and Abel and then Adam and Eve had a girl then Cane had other children with her so your lovers or your relatives.

• 7 years ago

yes but were all descendants of Adam and Eve too

• 7 years ago

The Bible also says that their DNA was perfect, meaning that imbreeding was ok because your children wouldnt come out retarded.

• 7 years ago

I'm srry I don't know. But I want to know so I'm gonna come back to this question later

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.