Marijuana Laws In Ohio?

Marijuana Laws In Ohio?

So I got caught with 6 grams of pot by the police. I'm 17 and I live in Ohio and according to state law, it's decriminalized in my state for up to 3 ounces and paraphernalia was also decriminalized back in September two just a fine. So why did the police tell me his wasn't true and that marijuana can kill you ? And that thee dogs could eat it and die and I would be charged with a felon. It doesn't make any sense. Is it different cause I'm 17? I'm really worried I'm gonna go to DH or jail. I was charged with possession, paraphernalia (a ******* apple!), for lying to police, and for hidin my weed, and also for being unruly in my parents home. Will I get the option to just get treatment? (not that I need it) they told me weed is a gateway drug and that I'm "pissing" them off with my "****". Ugh!

Favorite Answer

Ohio has eased off some on it's marijuana laws but but it's not totally decriminalized yet. Possession of under 100 grams is still a misdemeanor as it goes onto your criminal record but there's no jail time involved. You're looking at a 150 dollar fine on the weed plus another 150 dollar fine for the paraphernalia. The judge can also suspend your driver's license for up to 5 years.

As far as I know marijuana is not poisonous to dogs, cats or any other livestock. Sounds like the cops have been reading too much from Harry J. Ansinger's "gore files".

• binzel

looks like it: Sylvania Municipal Code 513.03 DRUG ABUSE; controlled SUBSTANCE possession OR USE. (a) no person shall knowingly get carry of, very own or use a controlled substance. ... (c) Whoever violates subsection (a) hereof is accountable of one of here: ... (2) If the drug in touch in the violation is marihuana or a compound, combination, education, or substance containing marihuana different than cannabis, whoever violates subsection (a) hereof is accountable of possession of marihuana. possession of marihuana is a ** misdemeanor of the fourth degree ** if the quantity of the drug in touch does not exceed 2 hundred grams. (Ord. 86-ninety six. exceeded 7-15-ninety six.) The State code is way less restrictive: Ohio Revised Code 2925.11 possession of controlled factors. (A) no person shall knowingly get carry of, very own, or use a controlled substance. ... (C) Whoever violates branch (A) of this area is accountable of one of here: ... (3) If the drug in touch in the violation is marihuana or a compound, combination, education, or substance containing marihuana different than cannabis, whoever violates branch (A) of this area is accountable of possession of marihuana. The penalty for the offense would be desperate as follows: (a) different than as in any different case offered in branch (C)(3)(b), (c), (d), (e), or (f) of this area, possession of marihuana is a minor misdemeanor. (b) If the quantity of the drug in touch equals or exceeds one hundred grams yet is decrease than 2 hundred grams, possession of marihuana is a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. ... better outcomes for better quantities.... So if it somewhat is decrease than 100g, you're getting a harder penalty in Sylvania. Municipalities in Ohio are allowed to do this decrease than their domicile rule authority. There are different outcomes accessible too, mutually with suspension of driver's license. it is roofed in the two government's statutes. ----- "[w]fowl a municipal ordinance varies in punishment with the state statute such ordinance isn't in conflict with the statute while it in basic terms imposes a miles better penalty....[yet while the] ordinance had altered the degree of punishment to a criminal somewhat than a misdemeanor it could have been unconstitutional. How- ever, . . . [if] the ordinance in basic terms better the penalty from a lesser misdemeanor to a usual degree misdemeanor, it somewhat is not in con?ict with the final rules of Ohio." Niles v. Howard (1984), 12 Ohio St.3-D 162, one hundred sixty five. hyperlink under....

• Can you please tell us why you think it has been decriminalized?

Grow up, stop doing drugs, listen to your parents, and you won't have to worry about any of these problems.

then it hasn't been decriminalized don't you think the police would know.