Adina asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 years ago

Does keeping an only-protein day once a week help me loose weight?

I'm trying to loose a few pounds and I'm currently on a Mediterranean diet which is very healthy and easy for me as I love fruit and veg but I was wondering if I choose a certain day of the week in which I eat only protein, will it help me loose weight? Of course after that day I continue with my current diet.

:)

Update:

What I'm asking is whether it will help me loose more weight if I eat only protein once a week (Atkins phase 1 type of thing). Other than that for the rest of the week I eat normally healthy

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No protein helps you lose weight and you need to eat it everyday... If you want to lose weight you should be having high healthy fats, moderate protein everyday along with low to lowish carbs from veggies and greens plus small servings of fruits.

• 8 years ago

You can't gain weight from eating lean protein, it has little fat and is full of amino acids which your body needs. Besides, most sources of lean protein are dense and solid -- this means that it is more difficult for the stomach to digest, therefore extending more energy and burning more fat.

• 4 years ago

When generating cookies, bake half the batch and scoop others into ice-cube trays. When ones sweet tooth kicks in, pop out one and bake it to meet up with your craving without breaking this calorie bank.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Share weight-loss goals with co-workers so one of these invite you for a postwork Zumba class rather than happy hour.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Skip ordering pizza and make one of them crusts at home: gluten-free nice potato crust, a quinoa basil crust that's also gluten no cost, or this low-carb cauliflower crust.

• 4 years ago

Choose a whole-wheat wrap as opposed to two slices of wheat bakery.

• 5 years ago

For salty-sweet cravings, bake a batch of these roasted honey-cinnamon chickpeas.

• 4 years ago

Pour almond milk in your cereal rather than skim milk.

• 5 years ago

Stand up and march in your favorite TV shows. (Try your Couch-Potato Workout. )

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.