Did Jerry Sandusky have a choice in acting on his sexual desires?

If no, why punish him so servery? If he did have a choice, don't homo sexuals have the same choice.

The choice to follow God's word and not sin. Homosexuality is a choice and a sin

Gay sex is not a crime but it is a choice you make. Its a sin in Gods eyes

Favorite Answer

You are confusing homosexuals with pedophiles. Jerry Sandusky raped little boys (he is a pedophile). Did he have a choice? I don't know. But his victims were too young to understand what sex was and they didn't have a choice. A man or woman can be a heterosexual or homosexual (or bisexual) and also a pedophile. Thus, pedophiles might be homosexual, heterosexual, or bisexual. Homosexuals who are not pedophiles, on the other hand, have intercourse with adults, consenting adults, just like heterosexuals who are not pedophiles have intercourse with adults, consenting adults.

Do pedophiles have the ability to stop their urges? I don't know and don't care. As a society, we need to protect our children from pedophiles. I hope that my explanation clears up your confusion between homosexuals and pedophiles.

I refer you to this website that thoroughly examines both sides of the issue of whether or not homosexuality is a sin: http://www.thegreatgaydebate.com It is the only website that I know which examines both sides fairly with copious amounts of biblical verses and research.

• Lili

Your sexuality -- which includes your orientation, your preferences, the things that really arouse and excite you -- is not something you choose. This is established by the time you reach puberty at the latest, and you have no control over it.

Acting on your sexuality IS something you choose. Normally, there is no problem with that, since most people's sexuality -- including adult homosexuality -- does no harm to anyone else. However, when your sexuality depends on doing harm -- abusing minors or raping women, for example -- that is when you need to get professional help, so that you can control your sexual urges and not act on them. Plenty of people have chosen not to have sex at all, and plenty of others have successfully confined any problematic urges to the realm of fantasy or role-play only. Such choices can certainly be made.

But your fundamental sexuality? No, you don't choose it, whether it's innate or influenced by some very early experiences or both. And as I said, most of the time, it's not an issue. There is no reason for adult homosexuals not to enjoy the sex life nature has decreed for them.

• Lynn

You've got to be joking! Loving, caring, sex between two consenting adults is not even in the same country as raping a child.

If you think they're the same thing, you're one sick puppy.

EDIT NOTE: I will concede that the "sin" is your belief. But where in the Bible do you have the authority to force your standards or beliefs on anyone outside the church? You take a giant leap from your right to believe what you want to dictating how other people can live their lives.

Even your Bible does NOT give you that right. So knock it off.

Source(s): straight atheist grandma

I'm not an expert on pedophilia, but I suspect that it should be treated as an unrecoverable illness. Homosexuality is not a choice and even in the long shot that a god exists, there is no reason to force your beliefs on others.

Look at it this way, murder hurts others, pedophilia hurts kids, stealing hurts others, homosexuality hurts no one -- see the difference?

• wasden

How ought to i understand? to boot, is homosexuality an act? i presumed it became a decision or a approach. It looks like he became convicted of sexual acts with infants, however the article does not bypass into image factor. luckily.

Of course he had a choice whether or not to abuse children.

Equating child abuse with relations between consenting adults shows that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Yes everyone always has a choice on their sexual desires... And if your religion is Christian being gay is a sin........ Also I believe he should get a new torture penalty just for him he molested many many little children, and ruined their lives forever!`

Source(s): Im never wrong

Of course he had a choice. Do you go around raping the objects of your desire? Are you posting your question from prison?

He knew what he was doing and just thought he would not get caught. Pedophilia is a crime whether a homosexual or a straight person does it.

Dude stop drinking the koolaid. Do you really think an infinitely powerful being cares if two guys or two girls, who love each other, have consensual sex with one another?