promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Skylar
Lv 4
Skylar asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 7 years ago

What are some easy healthy vegetarian recipes to make at home?

I'm trying to change my diet a little bit and I want something healthy but easy to make at home. And I don't want weird ingredients such as shortening or some different ingredient that I'll have to go specifically to buy. I have quinoa and oatmeal at home. I have cranberries and almonds and walnuts. I have a lot of other stuff too but can you tell me some healthy, delicious, simple, recipes to make at home? Thanks!!!! :)

Update:

I don't mean shortening as weird, I mean it as not healthy and it's like a substitute for butter. It's not a natural ingredient

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

pick your favs:

onion rice:

- 4 cups rice

- 3 cups water

- 1/2 cup oil

- 5 tbsp onion soup mix

boil water. add onion soup mix & oil. add rice. cover & let cook. fluff with fork.

stringbeans & mushrooms:

- stringbeans

- mushrooms

- 2 cloves garlic

- 1/4 cup oil

- 1/2 cup soy sauce

- 1/2 cup honey

cook string beans. strain. sautee mushrooms & garlic. add oil, honey & soy sauce. let simmer. pour over string beans.

grilled cheese 1:

- bread

- sliced cheese

put cheese on bread. grill/fry/toast until cheese is melted.

grilled cheese 2:

- bread

- pesto sauce

- sliced cheese

- mushrooms

sautee mushrooms. spread pesto on both pieces of bread. put cheese & mushrooms on. grill/fry/toast until cheese is melted.

grilled cheese 3:

- bread

- sliced cheese

- tomato slices

put cheese, tomatos, & mushrooms on. grill/fry/toast until cheese is melted

mushroom rice:

- 4 cups rice

- 3 cups water

- 1/2 cup oil

- 1 lb sauteed mushrooms

boil water. add oil. add rice. cover & let cook. sautee mushrooms. add mushrooms to pot of rice. fluff with fork & recover to let simmer.

mac & cheese:

-noodles (any shape, any size)

-mozerella cheese

cook pasta. drain & put cooking pan. sprinkle mozerella cheese all over noodles. (optional: breadcrumbs & parmesean cheese on top as a crust) bake until cheese is bubbly & brown

mac & cheese with a twist:

-noodles

-cheese

-1/2 onion

-1 lb mushrooms

-2 cloves garlic

sautee veggies in oil. cook pasta. drain & put into frying pan with veggies. let noodles soak up all flavors. put all noodles & veggies in cooking pan. sprinkle cheese all over noodles. (optional: breadcrumbs & parmesean cheese on top as a crust) bake until cheese is bubbly & brown.

easy no bake mac & cheese with a twist:

-noodles

-cheese

-mushrooms, cut up

-cherry tomatoes, cut up

cook noodles. strain & put in a bowl/on a plate. sprinkle cheese onto noodles. put in microwave for 40-45 seconds. mix. sprinkle mushrooms & tomatoes. mix around. put in microwave for 40-45 seconds.

noodle mushroom dish:

- 1 onion

- 2 cloves garlic

- 1 box mushrooms

- 1 box of noodles (any shape & size you want)

sautee onion, garlic, & mushrooms in same pot until cooked. cook noodles in separate pot. strain noodles & put into pot with veggies. mix so noodles soak up all the flavors.

cold strawberry soup:

- 1 bag frozen strawberries

- 1/2 cup orange juice

- 1/2 cup honey

- 2 tbsp cream/whole milk

- 4 tbsp sugar

put all ingredients in a bowl & use an immersion blender OR put in food processor or blender. Blend/puree until creamy & smooth. put in container. put in fridge until ready to serve.

lemon rice:

- 4 cups rice

- 3 cups water

- 1/2 cup oil

- 1/2 cup lemon juice

boil water. add lemon juice & oil. add rice. cover & let cook. fluff with fork & recover to let simmer. add lemon zest for garnish.

hope I helped! Enjoy!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Ida
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

You could eat some fruit and make fruit salads or vegetable salads. Fruits are good snacks and they help you stay healthy. Smoothies and granitas can help too and they're really easy to make. Hope this helps. Pineapple Orange Granita 1 Cup Pineapple, Chopped 1/4 Cup Orange Juice 1 1/2 Cups Ice Puree pineapple and orange juice in a blender. Add ice and blend until smooth. Use immediately or store in the freezer. For later use, remove from freezer and let thaw until soft enough to break up with a fork. Serves one. The Fat Resistance Diet™ Copyright ©2005 by Dr. Leo Galland, Jonathan Galland

• 7 years ago

Ingredients

To start:

3 Tbls. yeast

4 cups warm water

4 cups whole wheat flour

Add:

1/2 Cup butter

2/3 cup honey

1 Tbls. salt

6 cups whole wheat flour (I usually add

about 6 Tbls. of wheat gluten)

Add: 1/2 Cup butter, 2/3 cup honey, 1 Tbls. salt,

6 cups whole wheat flour (I usually add 6 Tbls. of vital wheat gluten,

Directions

Mix the "start" ingredients together and let sit until double. (Usually 15-30 minutes.) This step is called a sponge and is very important to allow the yeast to get a head start.

Add the rest of the ingredients. Mixing together as adding. Knead for 15-20 minutes if kneading by hand. May be done in heavy duty mixer such as Kitchen Aid with a dough hook. (Doesn't need as long a knead time with machine.) Place in large bowl covered with damp thin cloth until double. (about 30 minutes). Punch down and shape in loaves. (I use three 5X9 loaf pans) Grease pans, put loaf in, turn loaf out, turn over and replace in pan. Cover with cloth again and let rise until double or nicely risen above edges of pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or a little longer. Oil top of bread for a nice shiny crust.

Makes 3 nice sized loaves, which I cut into approximately 19 slices each, for a total of 52 slices.

Number of Servings: 52

• 7 years ago

Shortening "weird"? Many people consider it a staple. Yet very few people have quinoa in their pantry.

I suggest you look at vegetarian websites for recipes that suit your needs. We have little idea of what you consider delicious or simple, especially if shortening is your idea of weird.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Louis
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Add some tofu to your spagetti sauce for a boost in protein - you'll not notice it.

use whole wheat or quinola or chia pasta for some more protein.

fry up some tofu and some vegetables and serve over a bed of quinola.

blend a banana with your soy milk for a quick and easy dessert.

• 7 years ago

you can make most any meat containing dish into a vegetarian dish by simply skipping the meat.

Spaghetti and meatballs becomes pasta and sauce.

mac and cheese is vegetarian.

vegetable soup

chili(use kasha instead of meat)

omelets(no meat, just egg and cheese

ANY salad

any steamed veggie is vegetarian.

Use beans in place of meat.

• 7 years ago

Thin-crust pizza (easy to make!) http://low-cholesterol.food.com/recipe/pizza-dough... and you could top it with your favorite veggies (tomato slices, broccoli, basil, red peppers, olives, artichoke hearts, etc!)

pancakes http://www.food.com/recipe/5-minute-vegan-pancakes... (regular milk, if you drink it, can be used in place of soymilk). Top with your nuts and cranberries! :) Or make a cranberry syrup and use that.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

All Recipes has quick and easy vegetarian recipes at

http://allrecipes.com/search/default.aspx?qt=k&wt=...

As well as quick and easy vegan recipes at

http://allrecipes.com/search/default.aspx?qt=k&wt=...

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Cooks.com, and other websites have tasty selections.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.