Torque Wrench Questions?

I am looking into buying a torque wrench so I quit guessing tightness while I'm working on my dirtbike. My problem is, some torques, like the clutch plate bolts, are torqued to 35 ~ 43 in-lbs with a small 1/4 inch socket(size of driver, not socket size). Then the cylinder head bolts are torqued to 16 ft-lbs,... show more I am looking into buying a torque wrench so I quit guessing tightness while I'm working on my dirtbike. My problem is, some torques, like the clutch plate bolts, are torqued to 35 ~ 43 in-lbs with a small 1/4 inch socket(size of driver, not socket size). Then the cylinder head bolts are torqued to 16 ft-lbs, and the magneto flywheel is torqued to 35 ft.lbs, both using a 3/8 socket driver. I'm hesitant to buy both an inch-pound and a foot-pound torque wrench being that they are so expensive.

My question is: if I bought an inch-pound torque wrench that covers the whole range of my specifications, and I bought it in a 3/8 driver, could I use my little 1/4 adapters and extensions in my socket set without messing up the torque? Most bolts are using a 3/8 driver, although the clutch plate is pretty important to be torqued right for the springs. Also, can anyone recommend a good torque wrench that covers my specs but isn't too pricy? Thank you!