I really need help i have nail fungus and it has been getting worse?

I'm only 17 and this makes me so sad knowing that I will never have normal looking toe nails again. All I want to do is cry everytime I look at my feet I feel so gross. I really don't even know how i got it. I got it in one toe and it spread to five already. I really think im going into depression to the... show more I'm only 17 and this makes me so sad knowing that I will never have normal looking toe nails again. All I want to do is cry everytime I look at my feet I feel so gross. I really don't even know how i got it. I got it in one toe and it spread to five already. I really think im going into depression to the point were I dont even sleep at night. I dont go out anymore all I do is stay home and cry. I have no motivation to go to school because people will make fun of me. I have a doctors appointment soon and I know all they will do is prescribe me pills. In the end it will not work and just cause liver problems. I really miss the way my life was before now I cant even do all the things I enjoyed doing because I dont want people looking at my gross toe nails. This has honestly ruined my life so much I dont wanna have this all my life but I know I wil from all the stuff that I have read that there is no cure and it never actually goes away EVER... Why me?:(
Update: Also my mom is diabetic and I don't want to spread it to her and cause her foot problems :(