Bunneh asked in PetsReptiles · 7 years ago

What's the best type of gecko for a beginner reptile owner?

Besides a leopard gecko.what would a good choice be?

Favorite Answer

Oy....Iguanas aren't geckos nor are they even good for beginner reptile owners....

Now to answer your question.

Crested geckos, panther geckos, some day geckos (such as Peacock day geckos), gargoyle geckos, and African fat tailed geckos are all good for beginners. The leopard gecko, though is my most recommended reptile for a beginner. They have more personality than most of the others listed (although AFTs are good too), easier to hold than most, and very easy to keep.

Crested and Gargoyle geckos are another recommendation of mine. They don't need UVB or heat (unless it gets below 65F on a regular basis). The food that is fed to them is actually just a complete powder that you mix with water. It's very easy to feed and you won't have to worry about insects escaping or even about additional supplements.

Source(s): own 5 crested geckos own 9 leopard geckos

1. What bothers me most is not having a extensive resolution of reptiles. The store I choose is a small, locally-owned one in view that i don't like the way larger chain shops keep their reptiles. 2. The one main factor in a specialty pet store is knowledgeable staff. Wouldn't have some moron clerk who tells customers they may be able to feed crickets to cornsnakes or try to persuade them that feeding reside is the pleasant approach to go. 3. Fee is most effective mildly major. It's rather more major that animals be healthful and gear be riskless. 4. I am now not especially brand loyal, but the equipment wants to be satisfactory stuff. 5. Cornsnakes, kingsnakes, small pythons, small boas.

Leopard geckos are really easy and get super friendly. Most of mine walk right into my hand when I put my hand in their cages. They don't need any light, just an under tank heater to help with digestion.

Crested geckos are really easy too and possibly easier to feed because you can give them crested gecko diet by repashy.

Source(s): Own 11 leopard geckos

Lepord geckos are simple easy and cheep

Iguana