I dont think that my brain functions properly?

I am 18 years old and like 1 or 2 years ago i used to feel a lot smarter. I used to solve math problems really quick it was a piece of cake to me, but now i feel like my brain is somehow much slower.

Could it be because i get on computers, video games, and phones more often than the past 2 years? (My father tells me thats why)

Favorite Answer

One thing I've heard and found true. Sugar can addle your mind. Texting has been proven to weaken one's grammar. But video games (aside from mindless hack n' slash games) often give mental challenges that stimulate your mind. Hormones can also play a role.

If you are really worried about it then try to add more puzzle games to your queue. Try doing Sudoku, crosswords, or other word games. Doing so on a regular basis can help improve in some areas.

Also keep in mind a quote by David T. Freeman - "The more you know, the more you realize how much you don't know — the less you know, the more you think you know."

Getting old, my lad.