How do i download apps straight to my sd card and not to my phone memory on google play store?

So I have a new phone that has a very small memory and you are not allowed to uninstall/move to sd card on some apps. When you download apps from the google play store the apps download to the phones memory and I have downloaded many apps that can't be moved to the sd card and I refuse to uninstall them so I can't download apps because I don't have enough room on my internal storage. Plz help me find a way to make downloads download to the sd card automaticly.thx:-)

Favorite Answer

I have a Samsung Galaxy Prevail(same thing as a Precedent) with too small of internal memory also. Some Apps must remain in the phone to function. If I am wanting to put one in that has the option of storing in either location, I usually have one or more apps that I can remove temporarily without any harm or loss of data(flaslight, barcode scanner etc.) in order to first drop into phone and then move to SD card. Again, sometimes you have no choice. I now have a Samsung Galaxy Transform for the heavy app loading and use my Prevail for wifi app usage with the stuff that's not such a big deal. The bottom line is "How important is it?"

Source(s): Self inflicted anguish!...and a geek friend that constantly reminds me what a piece of insignificant, worthless crap the Prevail is for anyone that seriously needs a smart phone. It actually seems to pain him to answer a Prevail related question. Mind you, he's losing money when he does. Lucky for me I work for him on his house so it tips the scale back to an even balance. LOL

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

So I have a new phone that has a very small memory and you are not allowed to uninstall/move to sd card on some apps. When you download apps from the google play store the apps download to the phones memory and I have downloaded many apps that can't be moved to the sd card and I refuse to...

Source(s): download apps straight sd card phone memory google play store: https://tr.im/T3STb

1

Unfortunately i dont think you can. As far as i know it has to be DL to phone first. Not all apps allow storage on SD. Its just the way it is right now.

Source(s): Droid x2 user

go to google and see or go where you bought your phone and ask them