Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 8 years ago

What are your top five favorite movies?

When it comes to movies I'm not that knowledgeable, but I'd like to be. What are your top five favorite movies?

BQ: What's it about?

BQ2: Why do you love it so much?

*What are they about

*Why do you love them so much

• Flugu
    Favorite Answer

I'm going to do my top 10 :)

1- Titanic

You say you're not that knowledgeable when it comes to movie, but I'm pretty sure you have seen this movie or at least heard about it (I know some people who's never seen it), it's a must-seen. Basically a love story between a poor guy and a rich girl on the famous ship that *spoiler alert* sank ;)

What I love about it is everything, it's a classic movie, but I really do love everything about it. Even after the 15th time I still cry :P

(Honest) Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6mMvBeEPT4

Youtube thumbnail

2- The Green Mile

It's an AMAZING movie about John Coffey, a man who is accused of raping and killing two little girls, and arrives on death row in a prison of Louisiana in the 1930's. However, he is shy, soft-spoken, and emotional, and he reveals extraordinary powers of healing.

It's a very emotional story and definitely a must-seen. The actors are amazing and their performances are breathtaking! I love Tom Hanks he's a great actor! The end also makes me cry.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctRK-4Vt7dA

Youtube thumbnail

3- The Godfather trilogy (especially the first two)

You probably also know what it is about, basically: Italian Mafia. But it's definitely the best mafia movie ever!

Why I love it? Well, I love mafia movies and I have Italian origins :P And the actors are great!

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY1S34973zA

Youtube thumbnail

4- Fight Club

It's a bit complicated to explain haha, this is Imdb's summary: An insomniac office worker looking for a way to change his life crosses paths with a devil-may-care soap maker and they form an underground fight club that evolves into something much, much more...

I like it because the end makes the whole movie amazing! It's a bit complex at first but when you see it after you notice new things each times. I'm not a fan of Brad Pitt, but he and especially Edward Norton were great in it!

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8PRC3HbWqo

Youtube thumbnail

5- The Departed

Two men from opposite sides of the law are undercover within the Massachusetts State Police and the Irish mafia, but violence and bloodshed boil when discoveries are made, and the moles are dispatched to find out their enemy's identities.

I love it because it's from Martin Scorsese my favorite director, and Leonardo DiCaprio is one of my favorite actor, I won't qualify the movie as a must-seen though, it's just another great mafia story!

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGWvwjZ0eDc

Youtube thumbnail

6- The Prestige

This one is definitely a must-seen! It's about a rivalry between two magicians in the 19th century. They become ennemies after the wife of one of the magician's wife dies "accidentally" on the other magician's trick. They will try to sabotage each other and kill each other the whole movie (How lame my story sounds, but the movie is really great!).

Again, it's from Christopher Nolan, one of my favorite director, and Hgh Jackman and Christian Bale are two of my favorite actors, and they are brilliant in this movie!

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4gHCmTQDVI

Youtube thumbnail

7- Million Dollar Baby

Such a touching story about a woman who is determined to learn boxing, with a hardened trainer to become a professional. A strong relationship will be built between both of them until an unfortunate event happens :(

I love it because every character is touching, and the unfortunate event makes me angry every time.

And again, Clint Eastwood is one of my favorite actor/director and so is Morgan Freeman :P Defintely a must seen!

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCDZLsqwH28

Youtube thumbnail

8- The Pianist

Another sad movie, about a Jewish pianist in Europe who sruggles to survive during WWII. No need to add more to express how sad it is. Adrien Brody's performance was breathtaking!

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIRLLPa-j9o

Youtube thumbnail

9- The Notebook

It's one of my favorite Romantic movie. You probably already heard of it.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3G3fILPQAU

Youtube thumbnail

10- The Shawshank Redemption.

I think it's considered as one of the greatest movie of all time, it has 9.3/10 on Imdb (most of the movies I mentioned had around 8.5/10 btw :) )

Here's the storyline: Andy Dufresne is a young and successful banker whose life changes drastically when he is convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of his wife and her lover. Set in the 1940's, the film shows how Andy, with the help of his friend Red, the prison entrepreneur, turns out to be a most unconventional prisoner.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hB3S9bIaco

Youtube thumbnail

I also would like to add the LOTR Trilogy, the Harry Potter series, the Dark Knight trilogy and the Star Wars series as well, I'm a huge fan :)

Dr. No

The Terminator

Hell's Angels

Duck Soup

Gone With the Wind

1. 50/50

2. The Hurt Locker

3. Spider-Man 3

4. The Avengers

5. X-Men: Days of Future Past

BQ:

1. A 27 year old who is diagnosed with cancer tries to stay positive as his illness grows.

2. Three members of a bomb disposal unit face perilous conditions in the Middle East.

3. Spider-Man struggles to maintain a relationship with May Jane, defeat the Sandman, help his friend Harry, and control his dark side.

4. S.H.I.E.L.D. calls for the help of Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and The Hulk when the earth is threatened.

5. Wolverine is sent back in time to prevent a catastrophic event in history.

BQ2:

1. It is funny, heartwarming, tearful, filled with drama and uplifting.

2. The Hurt Locker displays a realistic, suspenseful, and dramatic perspective on war.

3. The film is a story of corruption and redemption that will make you want more.

4. This smart ensemble cast brings a very entertaining and powerful start to the legacy of the Avengers.

5. It is well-written.

1) any of the three Lord of the Rings movies

-I think if you don't know what these are about then you must live under a rock haha

-they're just SO GOOD. Plus I'm in love with Orlando Bloom

2) Killers

-It's with Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl...he is a former spy and has kept it a secret for her, but suddenly his past comes back to haunt him and the two of them have to stay safe. It's a romantic comedy with plenty of action.

-this is my go-to movie when I have a sleepover..my friends and I joke that we'll be watching it when we're 90!

3) Les Miserables

-This is a musical set after the French Revolution about a former convict that takes in an orphan and raises her as his own.

-It's a phenomenal movie. The singing is great, the acting is even better..plus Eddie Redmayne is gorgeous.

4) Finding Nemo

-It's a classic. A clownfish is taken and his father and another fish search the entire ocean for him.

-It's so quotable and just awesome.

5) Breaking Dawn, Part 2

-the last part of the Twilight Saga...basically Renesmee shows off and nearly gets everyone killed

-I'll probably get crap for this...but I loved this movie. The books were much better and they can't compare to Harry Potter, but this movie was very well done with all of the action sequences, plus the sorta-plot-twist is awesome

1. LOL (movie)

2. Hanna Montana the movie

3. Pocahontas

4. Sucker punch

5. Percy jackson and the lighting thief

BQ:

1. A teen girl going through adolescent with divorced parents

2. Secret movie star

3. A famous Indian

4. So hard to explain

5. Greek mythology

BQ2:

1. Because Miley Cyrus is in it!

2. Same as the first one

3.I grew up watching it since 4 years old

4. *sigh* I don't know I just love it lol

5. It has so much action and it is very entertaining

1. Titanic (1997)

2. The Outsiders

3. Friends with Benefits

4. A Haunted House

5. The Strangers

BQ; Titanic; I'm pretty sure that everyone knows what it's about. But I almost cried when I found out there wasn't a real Rose & Jack on the real Titanic ); lol

The Outsiders; "greasers" (poorer) vs "socs" (richer) & Johnny (Ralph Macchio) kills a soc.

Friends with Benefits; Mila Kunis's & Justin Timberlakes characters have been emotionally damaged and they think being friends with benefits won't cause any problems, but it does.

A haunted house; LOL OKAY. This movie like just came out & I swear it's the funniest thing ever. You HAVE to see it. It's like a funny parody of Paronormal Activity

The Strangers; three serial killers try to kill this couple in there summer home in the middle of the woods (idkk how to explain it)

BQ 2; Okay, so most of my reasons are because the guys are hott xD lol but there also REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD MOVIES

Titanic; LEONARDO DICAPRIO. I don't think I need to explain anymore.

The Outsiders; MATT DILLON

Friends with Benefits; Well Mila Kunis is my idol, & I just love the movie. It has a really cute ending. My favorite line:

"Why don't they make a movie about after the big kiss"

"They do. It's called porn" LOLOLOLOLOL

A Haunted House; It makes no sense whatsoever but it is seriously the funniest thing you'll ever see.

The Strangers; I love scary movies, but movies about ghosts don't really scare me considering its not as realistic as a stranger coming to your house in the middle of the night.

Source(s): I LOVE MOVIES <3
  • Faith

Mine change often depending on my mood.

The 5 that come to mind now are -

1. The Shining (both original & remake) - The story is such a unique idea. A family living alone in a hotel. That alone is scary. Then add the history of the hotel, a father going mad & a mom trying to protect her child. It's just perfect.

2. Meet me in St. Louis- Judy Garland. That is all I have to say. lol Plus the music is wonderful. I love how the story is told through seasons.

3. Sybil (both original & remake)- I have a personal connection. That's all I will say now. But also it is about mental illness. I've had my struggles and come through. The book & movie came out at a time when mental illness was a shame. For someone to say they were in therapy was pretty much like saying I'm nuts. It took courage for the woman to allow her story to be told at a time like that. I admire her.

4. The Outsiders- The book and movie are just all around great. The story tells so much and still holds true today. Teens feels so divided just like SE felt years ago when she was a teen.

I'm blessed to say I've spoken often with SE Hinton on Twitter. She is a really sweet lady. We've talked about all kinds of things from not being a girly girl to writing to the love of books. I've also spoken a few times to the actor who played Pony Boy. He is now a grown man and a father. He is very funny and very sweet.

5. Nightmare on Elm Street (original) - The whole story is creepy. We all need sleep & we all dream. So the idea of having a monster kill you in your dream and you really die is just scary. We all have to sleep but if sleep means death . . . . what can you do? Very creative story.

Source(s): homeschooling mom of 3- I'm a movie freak & my favorites change often. I'm often buying my favorite movies on DVD.

1 ~ The Proposal

-- It's about a women who convinces her assitant to marry her. Otherwise, she is to be removed from the country. I like it because Sandra Bullock is my favorite actor. The movie is also hilarious and very sweet.

2 ~ Hitch

-- Is about a guy who acts as the dating doctor for men. He helps them get their women. I liked this movie because at some points, I was literally laughing so hard I was crying. Also, the whole plot was very original.

3 ~ Transformers 1 & 2

-- Its about a guy whose car turns into a robot. I liked these movies because they had a lot of action, but there were some scenes that were just too funny.

4 ~ A Walk To Remember

-- It's about this bad boy who falls in love with the preachers daughter, then learns that she is sick and helps her complete her bucket list. I liked this movie because even though it was unbelievably sappy, it was just to adorable. But be warned .. It is sad.

5 ~ The Perks of Being A Wallflower

-- This movie is about a shy boy starting high school. I liked this movie because I really related with the main character and the story captured my attention from the beginning without fault.

• C

1. The Avengers

2. Iron Man

3. Iron Man 2

4. Captain America

5. The Hulk

Do you see a trend there? :)

BQ: They are about the Avengers and then a few of the individual avengers. Super Heros in the Marvel Universe.

BQ: They are AWESOME!

1. Fantastic Mr. Fox.

2. Beautiful Dreamer.

3. The Exodus.

4. Dolphin Tale

5. All the Ice Age Movies.

Fantastic Mr. Fox ~ A fox and his family move into a new house next to some farmers. The Father fox steals some chickens, then they are attacked to they tunnel underground and drink apple cider, ect.

I'm bad at this. :( lol.

• ?

Oh gosh. I love movies a lot. I can't name five. The only ones that come to mind right now are Pitch Perfect, War Horse, Lassie, and The Fox and the Hound. There's definitely more though. It's late and I'm having trouble remembering.

Source(s): aspiring actress/director