Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo MailPassword and Sign In · 7 years ago

Need help with yahoo email account problems?

I, can no longer get into my yahoo email account.

When I go to log in, I type my user name and pass, and then a window comes up and asks me my security ?. I type in the answer, and another window comes up saying that my answer is incorrect.

it also states that I am using a browser that yahoo is not familiar with, and also it States that my settings have changed,

So I presume that I have a virus, or that someone has gotten into my email account and is using it for spam email etc.

I have cleared my browser, I have checked my settings and rechecked that I have all of the correct items "enabled". I did get rid of Jave script about 4 weeks ago, but it never had any affect on my email account.

could you please provide me with any other adjustments, or any advice on how to fix this email issue.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Favorite Answer

First Read This"

Tools of the Trade: Exploit Kits

http://blog.malwarebytes.org/intelligence/2013/02/...

" I did get rid of Jave script about 4 weeks ago,"

" To give our readers an idea of just how many vulnerabilities exist in some software products, Oracle addressed a whopping 50 security holes found in the Java software just this month. Due to the countless security holes, exploits for many of these programs like Java have become very popular and are most likely inside every exploit kit released."

You may have gotten rid of the Java Script, but what Malware was left behind????

You are strongly advised to do the following immediately.

1. Contact your banks, credit card companies, financial institutions and inform them that you may be a victim of identity theft and ask them to put a watch on your accounts or change all your account numbers.

2. From a clean computer, change ALL your online passwords -- for email, for banks, financial accounts, PayPal, eBay, online companies, any online forums or groups.

3. Do NOT change passwords or do any transactions while using the infected computer because the attacker will get the new passwords and transaction information.These trojans leave a backdoor open on the system that can allow a hacker total and complete access to your computer. (Remote access trojan) Hackers can operate your computer just as if they were sitting in front of it.

Hackers can watch everything you are doing on the computer, play tricks, do screenshots, log passwords, start and stop programs.

Basic Malware Removal Guide

http://vmsar.wordpress.com/basic-malware-removal-g...

Yes! On Monday the 39th of Nov. My email was hacked. I opened my email and found it to be in a foreign language. I have been asking Yahoo for 3 days now to change it all back to English. The language site I was given does not work. Please just change it back to English. Everything is there - I just can't read it.

I have an incident number 33 and can not access my email from my I phone. I called the customer care number and waited 30 minutes on hold but no one picked the phone up. Can you help me?

I needed help with my email account, ,I tried to get my email and it keep saying no email Authentication failed blocked due to....

I received an email from Yahoo but the id address is from someone's name, telling me that I have to click to somewhere to update my account. Looks very suspicious so I didn't do it. Is this request official and legit.?

I copied the msg:

Yahoo!

To

Me

Today at 3:18 AM

SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Dear Customer,

Our system detected an error in your account, we strongly advise you update your account to avoid account Suspension or De-activation.

Click Here to Sign in to resolve the error.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Yours Sincerely

Regards,,

Yahoo Mail Team

I am having trouble getting into my email . It says incorrect password which is the same that I have been using. What is going on?

I have change my email account and I put new password and now I still having trouble getting back on my face book

ok i sent an email to someone i have been talking with since may of this year now all of a sudden i get a MAILERDAEMON notice telling me there is suspicious activity on my account???? what is going on????

Changed my email account user and password and now can't get emails or my contact list. What can I do?

need to close email address due to repeated hacking account