High schools in Malaysia,Ipoh?

I am 14,born and raised in Ireland and in a good few years I might be moving to Malaysia,Ipoh and go to school there instead.I'm looking for a private school and I have looked online and most schools requires you to know "bahasa Melayu"and all I know is "satu, dua,tiga and TANDAS " LOL! How am I supposed to go to school there? Will they still accept me?

Doraemon:Not everyone is rich mahh xDD and I prefer going to school ._.

Biker:I already bought a house in ipoh

and there is a few private schools but they require Bahasa Melayu..Do you guys think they're be an exception for me since I never studied Melayu? ._. probably not XD

Favorite Answer

Why Ipoh?

Ipoh is one of those cities that's underdeveloped in this country. It seems as though everyone just abandoned it and concentrated on KL, JB and Georgetown instead.

I seriously wonder why a foreigner would like to live there. As for private schools, once again, I doubt if Ipoh even has any because it isn't a place for the rich or foreigners to stay.

I think you'll have a hard time getting used to the people there. At least you have a Chinese look, so you won't be treated as 'exotic'.

• jimmy

Government/Public schools have the Malay language as the medium of educational instruction, so you need to have a working knowledge of the language [at least up to the standard of the class you are in, in order to cope with lessons. Malay is also compulsory as a course subject]..... However, there are "International Schools" [ found in KL and other large cities..] where the medium of instruction is English....but fees are high..... There are no "High schools" as such in Malaysia. The system is briefly:

Primary school: years 1 to 6 [age 6 to 12]

Lower Secondary: years 7 to 9 [age 13-15]

Upper Secondary: years 10 t0 12 [age 16 to 17]

Then you can take 1 to 2 years of Higher Cert/matriculation or a certificate course or 1-2 years "Pre U" or diploma cours3before entering University.....

You graduate from University by age 21/22 with 1st degree

• cha

each thing has it particularly is united statesand downs. In center college, issues have been in basic terms less demanding. you would be as immature as u desire and can have an excuse for it. even although, I could agree that best college is so plenty greater exciting. u learn new issues and have greater duty yet human beings start to take u greater heavily. And u make various new pals. my first year of highschool so a procedures is impressive. too undesirable there is various homework ( :

You won't find any. Maybe this ;; SMK Main Convent, Ipoh. A school for girls only.

Why not you take O level as private candidate.

I don't consider that's accurate

• janeth

this is arguable there are actually several possible answers to the question...

you can get home tuition mah