promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Since there still seems to be confusion, heres the wording of the Federal Law stating what a semi-automatic...?

....Assault Weapon is.

Do you think this will help Republicans with their ridiculous delusions about Assault Weapons only being automatic or select fire?

"(b) DEFINITION OF SEMIAUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPON- Section 921(a) of

title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the

following new paragraph:

`(30) The term `semiautomatic assault weapon' means--

`(A) any of the firearms, or copies or duplicates of the

firearms in any caliber, known as--

`(i) Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat

Kalashnikovs (all models);

`(ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and

Galil;

`(iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC-70);

`(iv) Colt AR-15;

`(v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC;

`(vi) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9, and M-12;

`(vii) Steyr AUG;

`(viii) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and

`(ix) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as (or similar

to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12;

`(B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a

detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--

`(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

`(ii) a pistol grip...."

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

That is federal law, however a democrat in Ohio (Senator Shirley Smith) wants to expand this to say:

(D) As used in this section, "assault weapon" means an automatic firearm that has not been rendered permanently inoperable, a semi-automatic firearm capable of accepting a detachable magazine with the capacity to accept ten or more cartridges, and a semi-automatic firearm with a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept ten or more cartridges.

Read more: http://www.55krc.com/pages/onair_BrianThomas.html#...

So a .22 Caliber revolver with 12 shots is now an assault weapon.

http://www.cascity.com/us-fire-arms-introduces-12-...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

This wording was written by people who were anti-gun and who knew little to nothing about guns, much less what really defines an assault weapon. Just because they got their ignorant definition enshrined into law, still doesnt make it so.

There is NO SUCH THING as a "semiautomatic assault weapon" nor do any of the following items on the list constitute what is an assault weapon.

• 7 years ago

That is wording Liberals wish to ADD to current law. A change in definition. An agreement to it would be an admission of the new definition you all have been pushing for so damned long.

Now, explain HOW exactly a weapon assaults? Being that is an act performed by a human. I assault you. Not my weapon assaults you. My weapon could easily be a cookie. Or, a wet glove. Which would plainly make you cry and sue me in court. "Oh, Judge! He slapped my face with a wet glove! Here's the assault glove!!!.

Humans assault. Not objects.

• 7 years ago

Actually, Assault weapon isn't a real term. It's a made-up political term made to influence sheep like yourselves to be afraid of something for no reason. Simply looking at the description you gave proves it.

"(A) any of the firearms, or copies or duplicates of the firearm in any caliber"

Assault rifles are full automatic/select fire only. Get over it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

If you're going to take my assault rifles ,take my assault pistols, and assault shotguns, and assault knifes, and assault clubs, and assault vehicles. Make sure you ban assault cigarettes as well.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Joe your slippin bad.

• 7 years ago

your hero Joe Biden admits than none of the gun restrictions proposed will work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljH8L7H_-_k

Youtube thumbnail

• L.T.M.
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

So a bunch of random, arbitrary specs and features is what the Govt bases their definition on. WTF? They're no brighter than the dumb f'k wanna-be gun grabbers on this site.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Even still im completely baffled. Sorry i don't know much about them. Just shoot them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.