What happens if you don't put oil in your car?

I haven't put oil in my car since October, I believe. My maintenance light has been on for the past 2 months or so. I did check my oil a few weeks ago, and it was pretty dark. My car works perfectly fine, but I'm noticing a small faint sound coming from my engine, and I'm guessing it's from the... show more I haven't put oil in my car since October, I believe. My maintenance light has been on for the past 2 months or so. I did check my oil a few weeks ago, and it was pretty dark.

My car works perfectly fine, but I'm noticing a small faint sound coming from my engine, and I'm guessing it's from the oil, or lack there of.

I honestly don't know how to change my oil. I know where to put it, but I heard that you have to drain it first, and I have no clue how to do that. I'm afraid I'll mess it up. Plus I have no idea how much I should put in there.

Could someone help me out? Thanks.

I have a 2005 Toyota Camry.