How can Republicans say they fought to end slavery while also flying the Confederate flag?

Update:

Mr. Weaboo: You know what? HOW DARE YOU! You don't know me. You have no idea where I came from, where I've been, how I got from there, what I had to do to get from where I was to where I am NOW!

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

The only people waving the confederate flag ARE white conservative Republican state rights morons. Southerners especially love to waive it and sometimes the American flag right next to it which is even more funnier.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Bury Political Correctness. The Confederate flag has a place in US history.

Get over it. Your trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

• Torgo
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Republicans didn't become dominant in the south until the 1970's. But you're right, it's hard for anybody from the south to claim an anti-slavery background. At best, they could condemn the practice but they seem to be more interested in making excuses about how slaves were well-treated and how hardly anybody actually owned slaves.

• R J
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

sadly the yankee slaver ships were happy making tons of money, when South said stop had enough they got mad and indignant. Proceeded to cook it up to rob wealth from idiot hot headed in the South and that is why today millions and millions of acres of land are owned by northern companies. Lincoln had wanted a quick reconciliation but this would messed up their plans, thus he was removed and they knew if the Southern VP tried to carry out Lincoln:s plan he could be removed by Congress and the rest is history.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ditka
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Have any of the kids today EVER taken a History Class. Or is that too been banned by the Liberal School System?

• Bob W
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

If you saw "Killing Lincoln" you know that Lincoln had the band play Dixie when Richmond fell. Wouldn't that be racist? The Democrats owned slaves but Lincoln liked the song Dixie. Do you work for EEOC?

• 7 years ago

I find that many that post historical questions are not versed in the period of history that the question is addressing nor the subject of the question. You need to do some more research and then re-post your question because your facts just do not coincide with the time period of history in which you are setting your question.

• 7 years ago

Back then, The Republican party was liberal, and the Democratic party was Conservative.

Claiming they are the party of Lincoln kind of lost its merit in the early 1900s

• 7 years ago

Did you know that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican? I'd say that counts.

• 7 years ago

For the record, you don't know history at all, so don't open your mouth about it. I disagree with Republicans on A LOT, but I'm not going to stand by and let a Democrat/independent/liberal get away with making such a hideously false statement.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.