Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

If there is no form of higher power, how come since the beginning of time, the overwhelming majority of human?

beings since the beginning of time have believed in such things including spirits etc? Think about it, since the beginning of time, from the first human to the hundreds of billions that followed, the overwhelming majority of human beings that have walked this earth have spoken or have ideas of a higher power. Look at ancient civilizations, old ancient text, all clue in to their intuition of 'life' having a innate spiritual aspect to it.

So how would you argue away something so overwhelming? Say that hundreds of billions of people who lived all across the globe spanning thousands of years are/were stupid? and little ol atheist who is sitting on the couch surfing the internet in his enclosed space is some enlightened being? yea, go figure.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • ­
    Lv 4
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Np

• Login to reply the answers
  • Well if any of those billions if people could demonstrate their ideas are correct we could ALL agree 'yes God is 'X' or 'Y' or 'Z'.

The problem is, among ALL those people no one has ever ever been able to do such a thing. Now why might that be do you think???

P.S. Didn't most people also believe the earth was flat too? We're all THOSE people right too just because they were in the majority?

• 3 years ago

i'm no longer likely to guess. via the way, evolution has no longer something to do with the soul and God. Evolution comes from inheritable characteristics via organic determination. That being stated, nor is conceived purely made up. "technological information Geek: The human innovations stepped forward to have confidence in God and a soul. decrease primates in all possibility don't have those ideals, how is evolution the incorrect term right here?" -you No madam you're incorrect. Like I and technological information Geek have stated, God and soul isn't inherited. rapid occasion for you. -all human beings isn't born with faith, the perception in a soul, Math, writing, analyzing, technological information, and time. All of those are found out. this may well be excellent however. -The human innovations stepped forward, and via it the assumption of God and soul grew to become into created. It cant be stated that the innovations stepped forward to have confidence in God because of the fact the innovations can't evolve with techniques, purely organic determination.

• James
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

There have been fewer than 20 billion people alive ever in history. Not hundreds of billions.

Humans do not like uncertainty. When something happens that humans can't explain it is comforting to say that a higher power caused it. It is just human psychology to make us feel comfortable. Nothing more.

It is certainly not proof that there is a higher power. It's just proof that we can feel good if there is the possibility of a higher power.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Your claim is equivalent to saying, that as long as there have been people, they have had a need to understand reality, but also had strong aversion to admitting they did not understand how reality worked, so they made up answers.

It is only very recently, that the human race has actually began to find out some real answers to many difficult questions about reality.

Are you voting for ignorant guessing and pretending to know, only because we have been doing that longer?

--

Regards,

John Popelish

• Brian
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

1. There hasn't been anywhere close to "hundreds of billions" of human beings throughout all of history combined.

2. Religion was a way of explaining natural processes that humans could not observe at the time. This doesn't mean that its real. Just because a bunch of people think one thing doesn't make it right or correct.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I'm not too sure about this one, but I'll give it a whirl. I don't know about you, but i believe that the sun will shine regardless of how many people we sacrifice to it Well, I'm now off to a job interview as a dish washer.

• 7 years ago

Scarlet, Superpimp, Brian, and James are exactly right. I find it appalling that people would gives those answers a thumbs down. Are you religious nutjobs really that ignorant? Yep, I just insulted people, which I never do. This angers me.

• 7 years ago

One idea is that its a result of us acquiring abstract thinking, divinities and spirits are nearly always described as caricatures or abstractions of reality.

• 7 years ago

Back then, higher powers were to explain things like day and night, and seasons, and other things people couldn't understand.

Now, we are living in a more advanced age, where science plays a bigger role in explaining things to us.

• 7 years ago

Because the overwhelming majority of human in the past were uneducated and superstitious.

I am glad to see you are trying to keep that tradition alive...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.