Should i give my cheating girlfriend a second chance?

Basically, found out from my girlfriends facebook she was cheating on me, with some guy she was 'friends' with, she's done it 5 times apparently sober, when i found out, i was all for the chuck her option, but my mum said i perhaps should give her a second chance, she's been pleading with me and crying constantly over the phone and leaving me messages constantly, the guy she's been sleeping with was going to live with her next year at uni, with a few other friends of hers, i said to her the only chance this can ever work is if you cut all communication of with him, and live somewhere else, the problem is, this will break her friend group up, now i think this is a pretty big sacrifice for her, for me, but then again, our relationship is sort of long distance, i travel over to see her, and see her once a week, which makes it hard for me to find out what she's up too, and who shes hanging around with, which makes things extremely difficult for me, i really do still love her, even after this awful thing has happened, and i can't imagine things without her in my life, (sort of got a dependency going on, seen as though i talk to her nearly all the time) I've told her i need time to think about things, i know i'd recover from it eventually if we broke up, but i'm stuck in the middle about it all.

I still love her, i'm pretty broke up about losing her.

Favorite Answer

This is really difficult! If I was you I..I probably would give her a chance but I won't love her as much or even trust her she will just have to gain my trust again and I will be prepared to be cheated on until she have gained my trust. I usually don't give second chances especially to cheaters but since you really love her then give her a second chance.But do not love her too much otherwise you'll get hurt again when she cheats..so don't expect much and make her gain your trust and love again :) and if she cheats again I don't care if she crys me a f*cking river. She didn't realize how precious that second chance was so now she can go f*ck herself.

Wait actually NO! 5 TIMES?! SOBER?!! No. No. No. NOOOO! Whenever you feel like you want to forgive her remember the reason why you broke up. If she calls you again and starts crying just be like: B*tch shut the f*ck up and go f*ck your friend.

Hell no. Trust me. I know you love her, but believe me when i say this, she doesn't truly love you. I once had the chance to cheat on my boyfriend, and i turned it down. If she can cheat even once, let alone 5 times, there's no doubt she'll do it again. And with the relationship being long distance, i can almost guarantee you that she will. I'm sorry but i'm being brutally honest because i've been cheated on and it hurts like hell, but staying with the person and having it happen again hurts 10x as much. You need to learn to be independent. I had to be independent after a guy i loved A LOT cheated on me, but i'm so glad i didn't take him back because i found the love of my life who treats me with so much respect that it's crazy, he doesn't even talk to other girls.. You need to leave her, for good, don't even be friends with her, that'll just hurt you more. Girls like her aren't girlfriend material, and you deserve so much better, but if you stay with her, you won't find the amazing girl that's probably waiting for you to come and find her.

Source(s): experience

Face the fact that it's over. There's no doubt that she would cheat on you again if you were foolish enough to give her a "second" chance (why isn't a 6th chance? just because you found out about the other 5 times all at once is no excuse for her). Move on and get over her or you'll be in for more heartache.

No, and 5 times?

Typically, when people get caught cheating, more often than not, they immediately make promises not to do it again.Cheating, however, is not the easiest behavior to control. Promises alone do not prevent future acts of cheating.

People cheat for a variety of reasons. People are sometimes aware of the reasons why they cheated, but more often than not, the true reasons remain hidden.

Ask yourself this Is my relationship worth saving given the chance that this might happen again?????

Source(s): brain
  • lipps

My Cheating Gf

Before I make a cuppa, I'll have to say: Face the fact that it's over. There's no doubt that she would cheat on you again if you were foolish enough to give her a "second" chance (why isn't a 6th chance? just be I hope this answers your question.

I'm not too sure about this one, but I'll give it a try. Hell no. Trust me. I know you love her, but believe me when i say this, she doesn't truly love you. I once had the chance to cheat on my boyfriend, and i turned it down. I better go as I've a job interview today.

hmmmm. If i was in this situation I might end it. cheating on you and sleeping with the guy 5 times, thats messed up and it seems to me she would still be doing it if she didnt get caught. she obviously knew what she was doing and didnt think how it would affect you and she didnt respect the fact she was in a relationship with you. Im so against cheating and it really sucks but thats just me.

i had the same problem with my gf , i gave her a second chance as my mam said like yours but its not easy then you tho really, when you give her a second chance you will always remember what she did to you even if you love her. I do always remember what my gf did to me and sometimes i feel like i should just leave her after that happened but i do still love her with my all heart. so yea you should think of it very carefully