Why would a union hold back information?

A couple of years ago I was wrongfully fired from, a hospital. because of my participation with my union as a steward. However my union failed to represent me and I ended up filing charges againts my union with the NLRB. My question is why would a union become very difficult to work with and hold back and refuse to turn in any information to the NLRB? As a result the courts in Washignton have ordered my union to turn in the paperwork that has been asked for by the NLRB. Are they trying to protect themselves or something? Any advice?

• Arnie
    Favorite Answer

This union clearly overstepped the mark by letting you down in this lousy way. Nevertheless, they are obliged to keep your records private. There are laws that state for how long and to what degree they have to keep all information pertaining your person and your union affiliation in house. These laws can vary by state, by industry and by what level membership you signed up for. Any violation of these privacy laws would constitute an offense and can be addressed by your lawyer, or, if available, a special commission.

Pity that this happened to you. There are unions that do stand up for their members in a decent way.

Source(s): Ex-union rep.

Union's are the lowest form of human life, trust me I have nothing against blue-collar workers but it wasn't union workers who built America it was the investors and employers who gave them jobs and created a greater level of income equality. In order to stay competitive and get the best workers it was necessary to raise wages. Unions today have politicians in their pocket's and have the ability to make it better for themselves and hell for the employer. The employer is often the taxpayer in the case of government workers. Anyways in your case they would hold back information because it fit their selfish interests better.

Get a lawyer.

The answer is money. No organization is immune to corruption.