LGBT: What do you think of the Olympic comity voting to remove Amateur Wrestling from the games?

A sport that has been in the Olympics since the beginning; won't be in the Olympic games this year.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I think it's a little stupid. If they want to get rid of something, they can get rid of curling. There's a sport to put you to sleep faster than any prescription sleeping pill.

Weigh the options; Wrestling, around for thousands of years vs. a bunch of fat guys playing what's basically shuffle board using a massive rock and brooms.

Although the odd blunder makes gymnastics funny, I could stand to see that go as well. That's worse than NASCAR as you're sitting there watching, waiting and hoping for a wreck.

The IOC simply illustrates the stupidity and politics of many athletic comittees. I watched a college kid set a World's Record in the javellin throw. The thing went over a 6' wall, leaving the park and travelled across a street, to the obvious, and very loud, surprise of people in the street, The officials at the state college "forgot" to take a sample to prove that he wasn't using PED's thereby disqualifying him for a record.

Comittees, I think, is an old latin noun that means "a bunch of thundering idiots playing at politics."

D

• kuhle
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Absolutely wrestling continues to be an Olympic occasion. I watch it most likely when the summer time Olympics role round. The ordinary Greco-Roman style is the one style still practiced within the Olympics however. In case your asking about WWE variety wrestling then the reply is discreet; due to the fact it is scripted. Howdy don't get me mistaken i like professional wrestling however everyone knows the winner is predetermined. You can't have that sort of factor in the Olympics what may be the point?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.