Non-girly teen books?

I'm a teen boy and I'm looking for a cool book to read that's not girly. Most of the teen books I see are about a girl suiciding or finding love. I'm fine with those kind of books but not the ones that go too girly.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

My male friends approved all of these books. :)

A Tale of Two Cities – Charles Dickens

And Then There Were None - Agatha Christie

Animal Farm - George Orwell

ANY books by Cornelia Funke should be great for Percy Jackson/Harry Potter fans. :)

Brother Grimm - Craig Russell

Cirque Du Freak Series - Darren Shan

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Eragon Series by Christopher Paolini

Game of Thrones - George Martin

Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chobsky

Ready Player One - Ernest Cline

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson

The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman

The House of Silk - Anthony Horowitz

The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde

The Shadow Of The Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon

• 7 years ago

Leviathan. Award winning author Scott Westerfeld creates an alternate reality of World War I in this biology versus technology tale. Two teens that are supposed to be enemies, a girl disguised as a British airman, and a prince on the run, cross paths and find themselves sailing on the airship Leviathan. The black and white illustrations by Keith Thompson help readers visualize the alternate world. Recommended for ages 12-14.

• 7 years ago

suiciding is not a thing, commiting suicide is. I would check out John Green books (Looking for Alaska, Paper Town, Will Grayson Will Grayson) and The Maze Runner series.

• 7 years ago

Try Jordan Sonneblick's books

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Alice
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Try Nokosee: Rise of the New Seminole and its sequel Nokosee & Stormy: Love & Bullets. Both are contemporary "pre-dystopian" books where the world is on the tipping point of environmental collapse written from a 17-year-old girl's POV. They come with lots of action and adventure and Stormy Jones, the girl in the stories, is a tsundere character (as is Nokosee) that will stick with you for a long time. She's far from perfect but she's real enough to want to love her and pull for her during her life on the run with Nokosee.

Black Swan Green by two-time Booker Prize finalist David Mitchell ("Cloud Atlas"). Hailed as one of the great new authors of the 21st century, his book is a first-person semiautobiographical coming-of-age tale of a 13-year-old boy living in Black Swan Green, a small town in rural England. It records one year in the life of an ordinary kid trying to understand the world while navigating the horrors of growing up with a stammer and bullies who won't let you forget; first kisses, first cigarettes, first deaths, and the slow collapse of his parent's marriage.

Crazy Dangerous by Andrew Klavan. This fast-paced thriller concerns two disparate friends. Sam Hopkins is a pastor's kid with a rebellious streak. Jennifer, his classmate, suffers from visions of demons and voices in her head. When Jennifer warns Sam about an impending massacre, he must choose whether to believe his disturbed friend or not—at the risk (if she is correct and he does nothing) of allowing hundreds to die. Early on in the book, Sam is moved by a Latin phrase he finds on a small statue of an angel: recte age nil time. That is, do right; fear nothing. This is the dubious, flickering star that guides Sam's path—and provides the central tension of Klavan's novel. There doesn't seem to be anything Sam won't do in attempting to do right—whether that is starting fights, trespassing, stealing cars, or evading the police. Review from Image.

Think of this as Greek mythology lite (less gods, more filling): The King Must Die by Mary Renault. Set in ancient Greece it follows Theseus on a journey of discovery while painting a vivid picture of the times. Loved the descriptions of young uninhibited Greeks running buck naked up hills and through forests and making love among the flowers. The scenes of naked teens jumping bulls with back flips cries out for a cinematic interpretation. Ms. Renault's written a series of historical novels set in this period and all of them are so worthy.

Vision Quest by Terry Davis. High school wrestling and women. Great movie but greater book.

The Basketball Diaries by Jim Carroll. A true horrifying and sobering account of "growing up hip" in NYC while a high school basketball star and drug addict. Made into a film starring Leonardo DiCaprio.

Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. In my opinion it's his best. Beautifully written.

• 7 years ago

Discworld

• 7 years ago

Beautiful creatures

Clockwork angel(the series)

Perks of being a wallflower

Asking Alexandria

& just try going to your local library they should give you plenty of help on finding you the perfect book! :)

Source(s): Me
  • 7 years ago

my favorite books are written by Ellen Hopkins, books like crank and impulse, you should look them up you wont regret it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.