Why is getting tattoos, piercing etc decoraring your body a sin?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • salch
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

To be sincere, i do not feel this is interpreted as a sin in any respect. It's a personal alternative you can make for your own factors to represent your possess ethics, values, and opinions. I'm a lately switched atheist, however up until 14 i was soaked within the Christian faith, as a result of my grandparents, so i have an suggestion of what you're struggling over. Several men and women have acknowledged that it's destroying your "temple" that God gave you. However what for those who received a tattoo that said something like "i really like God", or a trinity or anything like a symbol to symbolize a section of the Christian faith? It will probably go a couple of ways, but finally here's my reply: it is a private choice for you to make. I believe it's a good suggestion to get the opinions of others first, however in case you particularly want it, go for it. It's not an instant hell marker or whatever, given that to be sincere, we all sin, and no person is superb. In step with the Christian notion, God still loves you and won't persecute you for a bit tattoo that you simply feel represents some thing in your lifestyles. That wouldn't be the loving God he is shown to be, in any case

• 7 years ago

It's not a sin at all people just misinterpret Scripture. The Pagans in ancient times had tattooed their dead with the symbols and names of their gods, key words is "their dead". The Israelites were forbidden to fall into Pagan practices so it was not allowed to tattoo God's holy name into the flesh of their dead.

• Ryan
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

It stems from people thinking any form of body art or body modification is harmful or a kind of desecration. I've read the Bible. It says to treat your body with respect and not harm it. Tattoos and piercings aren't mentioned at all, nor are they harmful to your well being. Tattoos and piercings are fine.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

They (the religious) just want to take your control away from you!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.