Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Why do so many Christian "spin-off" religions, not believe in "Salvation through Works"?

It seems these non-Catholic religions want the "lazy man's way to salvation"...ie: believe in Jesus, get baptized and repent? No wonder Catholic charities bear the brunt of most charity. Even Catholic's hospitals outnumber all the fallen away's institutions.

Favorite Answer

I could have not have put it in better words. Protestantism is a disgrace to the Church. Their abominations and heresy spit on all the good the Church has done. Protestants act as if the Catholic Church does not teach to "believe in Jesus, get baptized and repent". In fact the only way to follow Jesus is to follow his teachings. Jesus teaches to do good deeds therefore to be a follower of Christ you must not only believe but also act. Jesus said to take up your cross and follow me. Jesus did not say sit around all day and say to yourself that you follow me.Protestants claim to follow scripture but they still love to pick and choose the chapters they want. They also formulated disgusting personal beliefs. The only way to choose to go to Heaven is by doing good. The only true Church is the one in Rome. To have Faith means that you are not afraid to do good. Works is the expression of Faith so if do good a lot that means you have a lot of Faith.

Source(s): Member of the Holy Catholic Church.

You sound like you are a bit cross. Sorry about that.

You seem to believe that the RCC is doing all the heavy lifting and other Christian demoninations (really? Everybody who is not a member of the RCC is a Christian "spin-off" group? That's a new slam I hadn't heard before. Of course, that would make the RCC a spin-off from the original Christians -- the Orthodox, but we won't pay any attention to that. Facts are so inconvenient when we're trying to just have a little fun being judgmental) are sort of sitting back?

Well, that's untrue, as I'm sure you know. Lots of major, important stuff is being done by other denominations and other faiths.

In the USA, we would not even have a rehabilitation movement, were it not for the many organizations that have Jewish roots.

Every denomination has major helping organizations, on the ground, doing what needs doing, and many cross-cultural organizations have no ties to any specific faith, although they most definitely are Christ-centered.

Knowing this, it makes your post seem a bit -- misinformed or willfully misleading.

Maybe it's time to put down the pipe and get going doing a bit of research, cuz if you check out the web, the facts are really fairly easy to come by. Assuming you actually want to find facts, of course.

• Badger

It was a logical development of the early Protestants' opposition to certain Catholic practices. The RC church had sometimes interpreted "works" to mean things like giving money and land to the papacy; and had also instituted the practice of selling indulgences (official forgiveness of sins - "tickets to Heaven" so to speak) in exchange for works like fighting in Vatican-sanctioned wars or giving property to the church. In reaction against these things, the Protestants partly rejected the value of works for salvation. It was a bad interpretation, but it was in response to something much worse.

Because salvation through works is not biblical. I was a happy catholic until I read the Bible. Good works are evidence of salvation NOT a way of earning salvation- salvation cannot be earned.

You have no idea how my church uses my tithes. And you idea how much our family donates to World Vision, Voice of the Martyrs, or our local soup kitchen.

Because the only way to salvation is through Jesus.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father, but by me"

John 14:6

Source(s): You are kidding yourself if you think Baptist don't donate to charity.

Well, Catholicism has been around longer than those off-shoot religions, just to be fair here.

• mimjoy

Jesus is the only way to salvation any work you do is in gratitude not to earn a place in heaven we can not do that it is only be God's grace we may be admitted.

• John

Jesus said one can only get to Heaven through Him, not through good works.

I'm an atheist and it seems I am more familiar with the Bible than you.

they really don't want to have to spend time or money on somebody else. they are Americans, and it 'all about me' for them. these are the same people who believe they shouldn't have to have universal health care, that poor children should be allowed to die from tonsillitis or chicken pox because their parents cannot afford medical care

I'll answer this quickly before I go out: LOL...You must really, THINK --- HIGHLY of yourself... ESPECIALLY, when you KNOW you can't go ONE ENTIRE WEEK let alone ONE DAY without SINNING. Well take care BOB.