How do I calculate the mass of a hydrate salt?

I dont understand any of this :( Can someone please explain to me all of this: 1. A 0.500 g sample of SrC2O4 was used as a desiccant. Calculate the mass of the completely hydrated salt. 2. Suggest a method for regenerating the desiccant form of SrC2O4 once the salt has been completely hydrated.... show more I dont understand any of this :( Can someone please explain to me all of this:

1. A 0.500 g sample of SrC2O4 was used as a desiccant. Calculate the mass of the completely hydrated salt.

2. Suggest a method for regenerating the desiccant form of SrC2O4 once the salt has been completely hydrated. Explain.

3. Upon being heated, Calcium Oxalate monohydrate CaC2O4 * H20, undergoes a series of temperature related changes, as shown:

CaC2O4 * H2O --> CaC2O4 +H2O

CaC2O4 --> CaCO3 +CO

CaCO3 --> CaO + CO2

A student paid little attention to the size of his burner flame while heating a 0>979 g sample of CaC2O4 *H2O. The final mass of the cooled solid was 0.670 g.

a. Was the reaction product anhydrous Calcuim Oxalate? Explain.

b. Assuming that the dfinal product was pure, what was the final product? Explain.

I really dont understand any of this :( I dont understand how I am suppose to figure this out :( Could someone please help me? :(