Why do people like Microsoft's newer OS's like Windows 7 and 8 but absolutely hate Vista?

So people, please tell me why???? I mean, I have always thought Windows Vista was the best operating system Microsoft has released to date next to Windows XP and Windows 98. I'll tell you why: Windows Vista has features such as more built in programs such as Windows Mail, Photo Gallery, and Movie... show more So people, please tell me why????

I mean, I have always thought Windows Vista was the best operating system Microsoft has released to date next to Windows XP and Windows 98.

I'll tell you why:

Windows Vista has features such as more built in programs such as Windows Mail, Photo Gallery, and Movie Maker; even XP has these and Windows 7 doesn't even at least have an email client of any sort.

Windows Vista required no more resources than Windows 7 or 8 currently do. You still need 2GB or more RAM and a dual core processor to run any of these 3 recent Windows versions efficiently.

If you have old hardware before Vista was released and the hardware is not compatible, the same would happen in Windows 7 and 8 so I don't get that as a legit reason for the Vista hating either.

Windows Vista is the last version to have classic start menu. Windows 7 have the classic start menu as an option but still has the newer style one, Windows 8's start menu is ditched altogether in favor of the start screen with tiles.

Windows Vista is about equally secure to Windows 7 and 8. The User Account Control has never bothered me but if it bothers you, you can turn it off if you know what you're doing on your computer. Windows 7 and 8 still have User Account Control no different and it can also be turned off the same exacty way.

This is more of an opinion, but Windows Vista by default was the last version of Windows that doesn't have a confusing task bar. Quick launch was there on the right side and the tasks were on the right side. Very simple. (Don't get me started on how Windows 7 and 8 can get quick launch back and that you can reconfigure the task bar the older style)

Windows Vista and 7 are the last versions of Windows ever to have Aero glass interface. I understand that Windows 8 has it left out in classic desktop because to keep consitency with "Modern UI". Windows 8 doesn't even have a Windows classic theme anymore (I don't care for it anyways ever since I went past XP but some might want classic interface as an option)

Windows 7 and lower are the last versions to be all point and click desktop interface where as Windows 8 has some touch and point and click put into one OS.

Windows Vista and 7 were the last versions of Windows to have Flip 3D to switch tasks (Win key + tab). Windows 8 leaves this out in classic desktop but still has Alt-tab command for 2D task switching.

Conclusion:

Only good things about later versions of Windows that Vista doesn't have:

Windows 7 has TRIM support built in for SSD support
Windows 8 is designed for touch screens
Windows 8 has built in USB 3.0 support (Vista and 7 can get it with update and third party drivers)
Windows 8 is multi monitor friendly in classic desktop with a task bar on each extended Window and doesn't require third party software to achieve such functionality. (Vista and 7 need third party software for this)
Windows 7 and 8 support the 64 bit Flash player where as even Windows Vista 64 bit still has to use the 32 bit Flash player no matter what.
Windows 7 (soon to will) and Windows 8 can get Internet Explorer 10
Windows 7 and 8 can get Microsoft Office
Windows 7 and 8 have Windows Media Player 12 but Vista is limited to Media Player 11
Windows 7 has built in Direct X 11 (Vista can still get it, but it's not built in and needs to be downloaded)
Windows 8 has built in Direct X 11.1

Biggest thing, unless you have an SSD, some of those Vista issues can be minor but Vista is still a good OS today, especially with SP2 with Platform Update.

Just back in 2007, people overracted on why they really hated Vista.