Does Medical Council of India recognizes ECFMG certificate and USMLE step 3 clearance as MD degree?

I am an MBBS from India and about to start my PhD in USA. I have cleared two parts of USMLE (step 1 and step 2 CK) with flying colours and quite confident of clearing the rest. I am willing to inquire if Medical Council of India (MCI) will recognize my ECFMG (Educational commission for Foreign Medical Graduate)... show more I am an MBBS from India and about to start my PhD in USA. I have cleared two parts of USMLE (step 1 and step 2 CK) with flying colours and quite confident of clearing the rest. I am willing to inquire if Medical Council of India (MCI) will recognize my ECFMG (Educational commission for Foreign Medical Graduate) certificate as MD degree if I don't do the usual three years residency in USA (I know how hard it is to get a residency and since I have no plan to practice medicine in USA it won't be of any help for me). I do understand that in order to sit for and clear step 3 I need ECFMG certificate. I was wondering if MCI would let me use MD after my name if I get the certificate and have all my USMLE steps cleared.