Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 7 years ago

what do you think of dana white turning his back on amature wrestling community?

and using the ioc getting rid of wrestling as a way to weasel mma into the Olympics. White is such a slimy flesh pedaling promoter. he makes Vince McMahon look like a freaking angle. Everything wrestling has brought to mma and White pulls this.

Favorite Answer

Con los terroristas

Source(s): Me

I don't think White is politically strong enough in the International Olympic Committee to actually have anything to do with this at all. Also he wouldn't benefit from this neither. UFC's been trying really hard to be the only and main source for MMA for such a long time. By having MMA in the Olympics he's going to permanently lose that monopoly (not literal) that he has gained. He can't buy out the Olympics... yet.

So I think you are over thinking it. It sucks and I can't believe Olympics of all things is getting rid of wrestling. It's probably because the views of Olympics has been going down, but seriously Olympics without wrestling is just weird. I hope they realize their mistake and bring it back, only bring it back as the submission wrestling to make it into nogi grappling matches. And hopefully get rid of those weird wrestling spandex for more modern fight shorts and rash guards.