computer shutting down/resetting? (blue screen)?

I'd bought an ex corporate refurbished computer with windows 7, 4 gb ram, 160gb hard drive from a shop local to me. it kept resetting itself so i took it back and they gave me a different unit and it still did it then i realized it did not have enough power getting to it because it was plugged into a extension cord.(id never had this problem before due to having a low spec computer) i plugged it into a separate plug and all seemed fine but i downloaded plants vs zombies and after playing about 1 level it would reset itself and error report a blue screen appeared as it restarted. later on during game play my computer screen turned off then on again then my computer shut down completely then after i restarted it there was no error report.

thanks for any assistance guys x

can only think of two things, video card not up to scratch for the game,or driver problem . Corporate computers don't normally have a very good video card as they are only supposed to be for business use. Go to control panel,then to administrative tools > event viewer > click on "view" and click sort by date and time, then click on custom view at the left hand side, and in the centre window double click on the line administrative events, critical error and warnings. the first line there will give you an event id . Copy that number into google search eg event id 1234 and you can get help with the problem, or at least know what caused the problem

reseat memory.

does it have onboard diagnostics? If it's bluescreening and shutting down, that could be alot of things from OS to RAM to mainboard. diagnostics will rule out a few things, particularly ram and harddrive. You can get third party ram test from microsoft and harddrive tests from major hd manufacturers sites.

Like previous post, OS is also a possibility as I've seen viruses do that to a system. I'd test out the hardware that I could first, HD and memory. If it's not one of those, reload system. If it continues to do that, it's prolly mainboard. Rarely have I seen a processor die but it does happen. Might also be a setting in BIOS.

You say it's refurbed, make sure the memory and processor match the mainboard. No telling what kind of frankenstein box you received. I don't buy refurb for this reason.

it might be your windows installation but it isn't the same problem with your first one. I suggest reinstalling windows and see if it fixes it. If that won't work then you might have power issues in your home or your computer has faulty hardware. It might be your hard drive.