promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

best film schools in new york?

so i want to go to a film school in new york, but im having trouble finding one that is hands on and affordable, i already know about nyu but what other good schools are their for a undergrad,also i live out of state so yeah. im looking at CUNY colleges, are those good? thanks

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi, I am a staff member at the New York Film Academy. This school is the best hands-on film and acting school and a great place to launch your undergraduate film career.

Our film programs give students a balance of classroom instruction, hands-on film workshops, and immediate directing experience. Students are behind the camera from the first day of class. We help students dedicate themselves to an intensive program, while being surrounded by other passionate students. Our award-winning faculty emphasizes learning by doing from day one.

NYFA offers Master of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Associate of Fine Arts and 1 & 2 Year Conservatory Programs in Filmmaking.

We have a variety of options for funding your studies. The New York Film Academy is pleased to offer Need Based Grant to qualifying students. This is an institutional based grant to help pay for a portion of the student's cost of education in the New York Film Academy's one-year, two-year, AFA, BFA and MFA programs. Also, many of our students use a Private Education Loan to cover both tuition and living expenses. NYFA will help process any grants or scholarships a student might find. The New York Film Academy campuses in New York City and Los Angeles have been approved for the training of veterans and eligible persons under the provisions of the GI Bill.

Please feel free to contact me at anytime at marissa.lieberman@nyfa.edu or (212) 674-4300.

Source(s): www.nyfa.edu http://www.nyfa.edu/filmmaking/
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

The term for which you will be in school is specific to your particular area of study & their curriculum surrounding that area of study so you would have to contact both colleges to be sure. My personal opinion is that NYFA is better. In NY you will find many more opportunities to grasp the creativity they expect because of the diversity & mix of culture in the city. It is not hard to find what you're looking for there irreguardless of what topic/plot scenario they want you to explore.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.