Alex asked in HealthMental Health · 7 years ago

Am I an easy target for bullying?

I'm confused. Very very confused. So, let me start where Im not confused. Im a wrestler, a football player and I'm 14. I'm 5"9 and 160 pounds with a healthy mix of muscle. However I dont talk unless I'm good friends with the person or If they wrestle. I usually hang around the bad kids because they can keep a convorsation going. I'm a straight A student. Thank you for reading this far. But I'm In a problem. Kids who are weak and like 4"11 and 72 pounds are trying to call me fat a$$ and telling me they can kill me. People who I can destroy in wrestling are breaking my pencils while im not looking. I'm trying to save it for wrestling... But I'm gonna pop soon. Advice?

Favorite Answer

Bullying is about verbal prowess.

It is about showing others they are superior. They do it to certain people, because the believe they won't physically be challenged.

If they do it to the physically weak, they know they won't be challenged, and therefore have an easy win. A small, negligible win (but it does stack, which is why they do it to a lot of people).

If they do it to the physically strong, they think they won't be challenged, but may well be. That is a hard win. However, if they do, it is a big win.

The key to stopping bullying is showing physical potential AS WELL AS making them believe you will use it.

You don't HAVE to use violence to stop bullying. All you have to do, is convince them that you may use it...

One way to do this, is to out-insult them when they insult you. This comes from a primitive place, where verbal insults would inevitably lead to a physical struggle. This is no longer the case, but our bodies still believe it.

So, when they verbally bully you, outwit them by insulting them, their moms or their sisters. When they threaten with physical violence, just know you can handle them, show no fear. They WILL back down, they do not want to fight (they just want you to back out of one).

Please do not use violence to dominate these kids. It will get you into trouble, remove you from their environment, and then they win...

Source(s): Good luck!

anyone can get bullied they are testing you to see if you are mentaly weak people bullie others because they dont wanna be bullied themselves or because someone is different or those bullies have anger issues and they need to take them out on the victim so dont be a victim if you wanna be left alone you need to retaliate dont worry about fighting at 14 its not a big deal just punch em in the face that will make them think twice before attempting to bullie you again they will be scared of you and theyll have no other choice but to respect you or try to retaliate with words so if they attack you first you have a reason to fight back

I guess give your dad/mom a heads up your gonna hit some one if you want only it might not be a good idea and go knock a couple heads together but try not to get suspended do it in the locker room and just uppercut them in the stomach and if they fight back kick their a## all you have to do is start bullying them back and take down one and they all fall in line same thing happens to me in eight grade only I was skinner than most but no one really wants to fight and get the chance of getting suspended so by ninth grade no one except my friends messed with me

• DeAnne

Tell your school counselor about this; that's what he's there for. Bullying is a crime now because so many kids end up killing thselves over it.

Just ignore these idiots. Keep your school supplies locked up Eventually they will grow up and see how wrong they were. When you get out of school, this won't even be a memory any more.

• Sami

ok my advice is i was bullied before people used to call me goth because i guess i used to wear gloves im very fasionable but WAS NOT GOTH!!!!!!!!! the truth is they r jealous of u and they dont know what the f@@@ uck they r talking about it took me years to realize this tho but anyways u know what happened with me i ended up trying to kill myself over something so stupid well that wasn't the main reason y there was a ton of other reasons y but that was one of them and my advice to u is that u have muscle and ur tall and u can fight so fight who gives a f @@ uck whatever u do dont let them know that u feel bad dont let them win dont give them the satisfaction!!!!!!

Source(s): good luck!!!!!! hope i helped
  • John

I know its tough but you have to ignore these people, they are baiting you and trying to get you going stay cool and forget them if they see they are not winning in the end they will give up, if they break your pencils sharpen and use the small bits give them no reaction, then the teacher catches them anoying its up to him to sort them until they grow up.

You have the size, the smaller guys are going to get you when you aren't looking because they aren't going to face you. If they tell you they can kill you it is probably fear talking. Keep your head and don't do anything that will affect your sports,

LOL unless you're a bully yourself, they're jealous and secretly scared, and only say it because they travel in packs.

beat up one of their big brothers, and they'll leave you alone. they don't sound like they know you wrestle. if ye do 'pop' aim for the ribs!! best of luck - I hate bully's :D