Army Intelligence Officer vs. Marine Intelligence Officer?

Hello. I have just gotten word that I have received both the AROTC and the NROTC MO scholarship. I now have a pretty tough choice ahead of me. My ultimate goal is to get the intelligence MOS. I know officer MOS's are not guaranteed in either Marines or Army so which do I have a better shot at getting MI? Physically I have no problems ( 20 pull ups ect.) and have maxed out the pft for both Army and Marines. Now my real question is what are the pros and cons over picking Army over Marines or vice versa?Which branch will give me more opportunities? ( special forces intel?) And which branch will give me more benefits? Any answer is appreciated. Thank you.

By the way my name is not Sarah. I am a male.

• WRG
    Best Answer

The big pro for the Army is there will always be a lot more slots for any given job/rank than there are in the USMC because the Army is so much larger.

The Army has five times the slots for an intelligence officer, and you've probably heard this before: change your screen name.

@Wes...LMFAO!!!!!!!!

Officers in ALL branches get assigned a LOT of additional duties.....

Every unit has, for example:

- Unit Maintenance Officer

- Unit Training Officer

- Unit SAEDA Officer

- Unit UA Officer

- Unit PAO Officer

- Unit Postal Officer

- Unit MWR Officer

- Unit Supply Officer

- Officer Club Representative

- Education Officer

- Voting Officer

- Safety Officer

- Food Service Officer

- Unit Movement Officer

- Unit EEO Officer

- Environmental Compliance Officer

etc, etc, etc

• MAJ Kev
      4 years agoReport

'Club Representative' ... now that is a additional duty I haven't seen in a long time. haha

How about you spend less time helping communists murderers and more time helping the people escape their slavery...

• army gives you a job, but then you do 20 different things that has nothing to do with your job

marines give you a job, and you have one job