Why do teams choke at big stages?

Like SA. Now, me in EA Cricket. Me and my other two friends were playing World Series (Tri-Series) in EA Cricket patch 2011. T10 matches they were. I won 3 out of 4 matches convincingly to make it to the finals. The only match I lost was against the team which won it's only match in the series. That team... show more Like SA.

Now, me in EA Cricket. Me and my other two friends were playing World Series (Tri-Series) in EA Cricket patch 2011. T10 matches they were.

I won 3 out of 4 matches convincingly to make it to the finals. The only match I lost was against the team which won it's only match in the series. That team was Australia :p
More importantly I was in exceptional form in the last league match chasing 83 in 4.4 overs.

So, my team was against India in the finals...But I lost the first two, not just lost but I was crushed to defeat, but you ask my friends and I'm the clear best player. In the first one I gave a big target of 107 in 10 but it was easily chased in 8th over. In the second final, I collapsed for 63 where you can consider 80 as average total in out matches.

No wonder I was South Africa, I choked.
Not because I was South Africa, but I have choked in the past in tri-series finals other teams too.

So, it makes me wonder, why do teams choke at big stages?