How can you tell if a company expenses stock options?

I'm doing a report on Nike, Inc. and I can't figure out if they expense stock options or not. Also, I can determine if they expensed them prior to 2006.

Any advice on how to figure this out? I looked at the most recent 10-K but I'm lost.

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

1. Profits and gains from stocks options, if any, will be included in the following item of the Income Statement(vide site given below):

"Total Other Income/Expenses Net (54,000)"

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=NKE&annual

2. Please read the company's 'Unabridged' Annual Accounts. It is possible that in the break-up of the above item, some information on the subject may be available.

3. It is also possible that some information is available in:

-Auditors' Report, or

-Notes to Accounts

4. If a visit to the office of the company is a part of your Study, you may enquire from the company also.

.

.

inventory recommendations are government repayment applications. however the corporation coverage of accounting this differs looking on their coverage of despite if to rate it or ammortize this interior the long-term. while they verify to rate it then it fairly is pronounced as Expensing inventory recommendations. Asset retirement criminal duty is a few thing like depreciation. companies could have restrive covenents or earlier responsibilities on sources they very own. So while as you depreciate the asset how the repayment ought to be scheduled is dictated with the help of the restrictive covenents with the lender it fairly is pronounced as asset retirement responsibilities.