What is creative nonfiction?

Could I write about anything under this category basically? For example: Hipsters, national issues, world hunger, technology, etc. Write it all completely opinionated. Best answer 10 points!

Favorite Answer

I did a quick research and this is what I came up with;

Creative nonfiction is a genre of writing that uses literary styles and techniques to create factually accurate narratives. Creative nonfiction contrasts with other nonfiction, such as technical writing or journalism, which is also rooted in accurate fact, but is not primarily written in service to its craft. As a genre, creative nonfiction is still relatively young, and is only beginning to be scrutinized with the same critical analysis given to fiction and poetry.

I definitely think you could write about ANY of those topics. The writing world is yours. The decisions are entirely up to you. Okay, well, not entirely, but you get my point, right? ^_^

Have a good one! :)

I would think it is like taking a real story, say the Titanic and adding a character, like Rose, and making it in her point of view. In other words, taking a nonfiction event (or something that really happened) and putting a creative twist on it to make the writing your own.

Source(s): my brain

Yes! Great fun- use fact but integrate personality and you can even take creative liberties by stretching truth with mock situational examples