A sailor is stranded on a desert island with some source of fresh water...?

A sailor is stranded on a desert island with some source of fresh water, but no vegetation and nothing to eat besides a large crate of corn flakes, and another crate containing five live chickens. From a bioenergetic point of view, which of the following strategies would enable the sailor to live the longest?

A) eat the corn flakes, then eat the chickens.

B) eat the chickens, then eat the corn flakes

C) feed the corn flakes to the chickens, eat the chickens

D) feed the corn flakes to the chickens, eat the eggs laid by the chickens

Favorite Answer

Assumption: there's nothing for the chickens to eat on the island other than each other, the sailor, and the cornflakes.

E) send out out for pizza and remember that homework is something you're supposed to do for yourself

But here's a few clues.

The chickens have nothing to eat but the cornflakes so if you don't feed them the cornflakes their bodies will become thinner as they use up their energy reserves to stay alive.

No living thing can convert 100% of it's food into energy or an energy store (like its own meat or its eggs) that someone else can eat

The more steps you place in the food chain, the less energy is available at the other end

Ben doesn't know what he's talking about

• funaro

my piano books of lead sheets, and sheet song, etc. my case with all of my crochet factors (Does that everybody count quantity as one, alongside with the yarn and hooks?) my cat clean water, yet whilst it rather is blanketed with the nutrients, then Rod Stewart ------- i might say my sleep quantity mattress, yet i anticipate there is no electricity on the island. Oh, so i'm going to choose a gazillion suits. ok, delete the sheet song. i'm going to make up my own! .

D, as long as they aren't roosters. If so, then A.

D