How do you fix HD channel pixelation?

It's only on my HD channels that the pixelation occurs. I even tried unplugging the cable cord from the wall and the cable box (Comcast) everthing's tightened, and I'm wondering if maybe a new cable is needed? But I don't want to buy one and have it do the same thing. I also tried calling Comcast and asking them what to do about it but, they told me to do the things I already did that had the same result.

This is when I resort to Yahoo Answers to never fail me.

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

It might be the cabling in your house.

The older grade of cable, rated RG-5, loses signal strength too easily for high-bandwidth channels, like the HD ones.

You'll have to replace it with newer, RG-6 cabling.

Also, if you have a lot of splitters, they also cause signal strength to degrade. This is why newer houses use a central hub with a large high quality splitter so each room gets a dedicated cable, as opposed to the older style where you'd simply install a splitter, run one end into a room, and other end would run to the next room where you'd put another splitter, and so on and so on.

You can try using different cable outlets in your house and see if you can find one that has a better signal, then run a (RG-6) cable from that jack to your cable box. Not the neatest solution but probably the cheapest.

Otherwise you can look into doing a whole new cable installation for your house. Comcast can do this for you as well, but for a cost.

If it's not your cabling, then the problem is between your house and Comcast. Call and complain they are providing you with the quality of service you're paying them for.

Hdtv Pixelation

• It is definitely NOT A CABLE PROBLEM. It is not the tv or antenna problem either. I believe it is the strength of the signal sent out by the CBS Station. We have the same situation on our TV's in our summer home in Ulster County, NY and our home in NY City. TV's hooked up to a cable system and those hooked up to antennas suffer from the same problem. I know, I have both in my home in Queens, NY. Don't blame the cable people ( We have TIME WARNER ) ~ This is a transmission problem from CBS, Channel 2 in NYC. Many have complained about this same problem in different areas of the country. I don't know of a fix. Complaints should be made to CBS not the cable people.

• Lois

I'm in a similar situation with my satellite and LCD TV. My regular channels don't sound as bad as yours, but they're still not that great to watch. I'll be keeping my eye out on this.

Most cable companies deny there are issues with their feed. It's pretty much blame the customer's equipment. Sure, the equipment has to be eliminated as the source of the problem which often is next to impossible eg replace the pvr, new wiring in your home, etc. That's why this issue remains and most people just suck it up.

Get a stronger signal to it.