Are there any better alternatives to shaving my area?

I'm a guy. I shave my area once every two weeks. I used to have little hairs on my...manhood. Since I've shaved it, the hairs seem to get longer and more. What alternatives to shaving are there? I'm not a big fan of stuff like Nair. It just smells like burned hair and doesn't work well. Any ideas? I... show more I'm a guy. I shave my area once every two weeks. I used to have little hairs on my...manhood. Since I've shaved it, the hairs seem to get longer and more. What alternatives to shaving are there? I'm not a big fan of stuff like Nair. It just smells like burned hair and doesn't work well. Any ideas? I mean I didn't do it as long as direct mainly because I was worried it would burn my skin or make it sensitive.
Update: The first time it itches, but the more and more you do it the less it itches. After 3-4 times you don't even itch at all. But yeah the first time sucks