What are some funny teen novels?

I listen to audio books with my 14 year old daughter and 12 year old son. We have listened to books such as the Series of Unfortunate Events series, Artemis Fowl series, The Shapeshifter, The Graveyard book and many others.

I have been looking for some really funny but clean books to try to get and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? It seems that most of my Google searches are missing the mark some!

I don't have a problem reading them if they are not available in audio format.

Thanks in advance!!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

Beauty Queens by Libba Bray

When a plane full of Miss Teen Dream contestants crashes on a deserted island, they must learn to find food, make shelter, and survive without bronzer. Listeners will revel in Bray’s over-the-top narration and embellishments which elevate the text to a “whole new world of pretty.”

Charlie Joe Jackson’s Guide to Not Reading by Tommy Greenwald

Charlie Joe hates reading, but must get creative to avoid it when he’s assigned a major research paper. Channeling a frenetic middle schooler, Andrews perfectly captures the inner workings of Charlie Joe’s devious mind.

Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger, read by Mark Turetsky, Greg Steinbruner, Jonathan Todd Ross, Julia Gibson, and Charlotte Parry.

Tommy collects his classmates’ stories about fellow 6th grader Dwight’s Origami Yoda to determine whether the finger puppet really possesses special wisdom. Celebrate this quirky story the narrators do in this entertaining listen

Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick by Joe Schreiber

Ferris Bueller meets Kill Bill. On prom night, Perry discovers that Gobi, his family’s dishwater-dull Lithuanian exchange student, is actually a beautiful and deadly assassin. Boyer successfully juggles an assortment of accents in this madcap adventure that speeds along as fast as Perry’s father’s Jaguar.

Beat the Band by Don Calame , read by Nick Podehl.

When Cooper is paired with "Hot Dog Helen" for his health class project, he decides he must do something to counteract the effect on his popularity...namely starting a band to compete in his school's Battle of the Bands. Nick Podehl rocks as the smart aleck, wise-cracking, Cooper.

Enola Holmes: The Case of the Peculiar Pink Fan by Nancy Springer, read by Katherine Kellgren.

Fourteen-year-old Enola Holmes, younger sister of Sherlock Holmes, utilizes her detective skills and various disguises to save Lady Cecily Alistair from an arranged marriage. Katherine Kellgren perfectly captures Enola's spunky personality, as well as the demeanor of each supporting character

Try the Theodore Boone Kid Lawyer series by John Grisham-not funny but suspense

The Dork Diaries & Diary of a wimpy Kid are also funny

If you haven't listened to the Harry Potter series, they are a treat.

Source(s): 1000 year old librarian
  • 7 years ago

How about Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan and the Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan? Both are good clean novels and suitable for ages 12 on up though the books do mature slightly as they continue.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.